It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
what does this sound like to you all its scarring me .HELP..

hi all is dejavu like if your taking a nap and in your sleep your trying your harest to wake up but cant ? last week i was taking a nap which i do alot of for some reason im allways tired i was laying down and my daughter saw me kicking my legs and throwing my arms around then finally i woke up oh it was so horrible then another time i was asleep and i was screeming in my sleep and i saw my husband and kids but my screeming was while i was asleep and here lately i been having alot of weird dreams and scarry ones at that .and i wake early at night from nightmares and i get so scared what should i do write all this down and tell my neuro cause all my test have come back normal the last neuro which i left told me its all in my head its not these spells are real and sometimes i faint from them so is this a seizure? and dejavu thing ???
vickie

Old 08-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
(male)

RunnersDad HB User
Re: what does this sound like to you all its scarring me .HELP..

When you say tests, does that mean you had an EEG and it came back normal? A normal EEG does not necessarily mean you weren't having seizures, but it is definitely a positive sign. I would have a sleep study done in order to rule out something else and then continue consulting with your neurologist to come up with a solution for your problem. I certainly wish you the best of luck. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
(female)

laine79 HB User
Re: what does this sound like to you all its scarring me .HELP..

Hi Vickie45,

I hope i can be some help, I am epileptic and have tonic clonic seizures this is what happens to me.

I usually have some warning with blackouts (absence seizures) then i might seize up and hallucinate. I will be alright for a little while. Immediately before the seizure i start tingling and my body becomes extremely uncoordinated and stiff (i may hallucinate again here) then i fall down. For the first minute i am unconscious but soon it turns to a semi-consciousness state (can not see, but can hear what is happening) then one of simple paralysis and total consciousness this is where i am determend to wake up but can not move or speak.

You should definitely write it all down, get a second opinion or third if necessary.

Last edited by laine79; 08-04-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Closed Thread