Too long to wait?
In mid-July, I had a VEEG. While I was in the hospital, they added Lamictal to what I'm already on, which is Tegretol and Keppra. They said that once they know the Lamictal is working, they will start weaning me off of one or both of the other meds.
But, the doctor who I saw at Yale previous to the VEEG left the hospital and I wasn't told about it until I was in the hospital. They told me another doctor would be taking over my case, but that's not the doctor who I saw in the hospital. The doctor in the hospital who prescribed the Lamictal was an intern, I think.
Anyway, after I got home, I made a follow-up appointment with the doctor who was supposed to be taking over my case, but they can't get me in until NOVEMBER! I'm also still seeing my initial Neurologist, because he's going to be working with the Neuro at Yale on my case. But I'm worrying about medication levels and all that. I've been on a new medication for almost a month, and I haven't had any blood levels checked. I feel like I'm in limbo because I don't see my regular Neuro until October, and I don't see the Neuro from Yale, who is going to explain all my VEEG results, until November. And I don't know which one to ask about getting blood levels done... because my regular Neuro isn't the one who prescribed my Lamictal...
Also, is 2-3 more months too long to wait to get evaluated on whether we can start weaning me off the other meds? I am afraid that it's just too much medication in my system. I'm not having any side effects, but I'm afraid of long-term effects.
Any input would be appreciated!