It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
(male)

mrweissm HB User
Did I have a seizure ?

two things happened to me the other night after driving 11hrs home from vacation. Shortly after falling asleep I bit my tongue. I know this happened with in the first 60 minutes of falling asleep because my clock radio was still on. after I woke up with the terrible pain I went to the bathroom washed my mouth out and checked the damage. My mind was clear no confusion no weakness. I went back to bed woke up at 230 am and I was soaked with urine. Again my mind was clear I was laying in the same spot I went to bed with the covers on me. My wife had come to bed around 1130 and said I seemed normal. I spoke with my doctor who said it does not sound like a seizure and that I might have been sleeping very sound. I also work in an ER and a couple of the docs there thought it was not a seizure. I also suffer from anxiety and these two thing happening in the same night kind of freaked me out. could I have had two seizures in one night and be clear minded afterwards. I also have had no other symptoms no weakness or soreness I feel totally fine. thanks for the help

Old 08-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: Did I have a seizure ?

Has stress ever been a problem for you in the past?

Pulling 11 hours behind the wheel is no easy task. That, after coming off vacation, needing to shift gears back to home/work mode may have been a cumulation effect of stressors.

I'm just thinking of the driving. I've never pulled 11 hours of driving. I've been idiotic and puled 46 and 48 wo/sleep in my younger years with the help of caffeinated products. Not to mention the latter hours of those runs was driving back home (stupid move!).

Try to think about other stressful times, if any have been close to this (holidays, bad weather, driving, tax season) and have you had anything similar??

--Travis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
(male)

mrweissm HB User

no i have done this before and never had a problem. nor have i had a problem in the last 2 nights

Old 08-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
(female)

going2forward HB User

Those are the two things that happen to me when I have a seizure. When that happens a lot of time I am able to get up and going shortly after. I do not usually bite my tongue except in when I have a seizure. There have been a few times that I have also had the urine problem after one comes. And that did used to be the type I had a bit. With me there are no real signs one is coming until like 1 minute before. Maybe that is why you were not aware it would happen. I have heard a few drs do not know the signs of a seizure. Only if it is a neurologist would they know what they were talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrweissm View Post
two things happened to me the other night after driving 11hrs home from vacation. Shortly after falling asleep I bit my tongue. I know this happened with in the first 60 minutes of falling asleep because my clock radio was still on. after I woke up with the terrible pain I went to the bathroom washed my mouth out and checked the damage. My mind was clear no confusion no weakness. I went back to bed woke up at 230 am and I was soaked with urine. Again my mind was clear I was laying in the same spot I went to bed with the covers on me. My wife had come to bed around 1130 and said I seemed normal. I spoke with my doctor who said it does not sound like a seizure and that I might have been sleeping very sound. I also work in an ER and a couple of the docs there thought it was not a seizure. I also suffer from anxiety and these two thing happening in the same night kind of freaked me out. could I have had two seizures in one night and be clear minded afterwards. I also have had no other symptoms no weakness or soreness I feel totally fine. thanks for the help

Old 08-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #5
(female)

jane517 HB User

i agree with going2forward. I had epilepsy when i was younger and actually grew out of it once i hit puberty. I was wetting the bed almost every night. I ended up going to many doctors and it took them 3 years to diagnose me! I have never bitten my tongue nor have I had a grand mal (shaking seizure). Every seizure I had consisted of either wetting the bet or going into a drawn out staring spell. These seizures are called petit mal seizures. If I was you, I would go see a neurologist- Just to be on the safe side. This is kind of a wierd question but when you wet the bed- were you in any way aware of it but couldn't stop it happening? Or did you just wake up and realize it was there from feeling it?

best of luck.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #6
(male)

mrweissm HB User

i do not remember any dreams i woke up and on my way to go to the bathroom i relized i was wet. I have since seen my family doctor and spoke to many doctors i work with and none think i had a seizure. I guess if it happens again i will have to pursue this further. i have also not had any other problems since that one night

Closed Thread