It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

kanga003 HB User
What do you feel like AFTER a seizure???

My daughter has been diagnosed with epilepsy.... she is 16 months old.

On Wednesday she had 3 grand maul seizures. We had to give her diastat to get her seizures to stop...

It has been over 48 hours and she still has all she can do to walk across the room w/o falling down at least once

The doctor's (she was seen in the ER, by her PCP, and I have been in contact with the neurologist) seemed to think that she'd be doing better by now, they've asked us to give it a few more days, then we'll do more testing if she hasn't improved to make sure we're not missing something.

So... what does it ffel like after a seizure. We were told that her entire body probably aches... we've been giving her tylenol and motrin.

Any insight? She is MISERABLE and I feel SO bad for her

Old 08-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User
Re: What do you feel like AFTER a seizure???

Im sorry to hear about your daughter, but in regard to the post seizure feelings, they all vary. Not everyone feels or experience the same feelings post a spell. These feelings will also depend on the type of seizure the person have. Personally I had partial seizures, so after and attack I felt asleep for a few hour, felt out of place after waking up, headaches, high fever, dizziness, and very tired. I would also felt unsociable depending on days of the month I had the seizures (menstrual related problems) and so on. So as you can see the problems and seizures also have a lot to do with the age. You daugther is only 16 months old, so its very difficult to diagnose or understand exactly how she's feeling; but one can guess light headed, scared (in need of familiar faces), tired, and ofcourse some light fever. Lets remember she's young and she has no understanding of what's happening to her, so just protect her head, dont leave her alone, and dont give her too much over the counter meds unless prescribed by her neurologist, except for the seizure meds the neurologist has given you if any. write down dates, times and discriptions of her attacks every time she has them, because this can help the neurologist understand her case better. I'll keep her in my prayers, best of luck....
Laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2008, 03:47 AM   #3
(female)

kanga003 HB User
Re: What do you feel like AFTER a seizure???

Thank you so much for the info and the prayers!

Closed Thread