It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

shelovescliche HB User
This might sound weird, but...

Does anyone who has epilepsy not have seizures?

I've been seeing a neuroendocrinologist for migraines for over a year now, and when I first started going to him he had an EEG done on me. I recently found out that the EEG points to epilepsy (I'm not sure how it goes, exactly, if there's a certain brain wave pattern for epileptics?). The odd thing is, I've never had a seizure. Ever. I was a premature baby, which my doctor says might have caused the abnormal brain waves, but I've never had trouble up until the migraines.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone's ever heard of this before. My doctor didn't want to officially diagnose me as epileptic, since I've never had a seizure, and people would look more into it than they should. I'm just curious, though. Anyone?

Old 08-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: This might sound weird, but...

Did you ask, or did he mention anything to the nature that your brain may simply function slightly different then the (I HATE saying this) "typical" human brain pattern?

Who knows why, but there may be something in the internal functioning that looks off, but the person (YOU) is and has been "healthy". The medical community simply never did an EEG before, so they passed you off as healthy, and why not, you are!

Did they also do an MRI to see if there is anything that looks out of the normal on a whole head scan?

To give a slight example of abnormalities, my speech center transfered over from the left to the right hemisphere of the brain due to damage and surgery. It was able to do that due to the brain had not stopped developing at that point in time. I can speak just fine. Had the surgery occurred a few years later, I would have been in trouble.

--Travis

Last edited by Travis from MN; 08-30-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread