It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

celticgrl HB User
Doc suspects Absence Seizures..What do you think?

I am 28 years old and have been having episodes where I will be at work and just kind of "space out" (for lack of a better word). I am aware that I am doing this but can't stop. Today my hand "twisted" while still holding the mouse to my computer. I am not really thinking about anything at all while it is happening. I am aware of my surroundings, but not aware, if that makes any scence at all? I am very confused when it is over, sort of absent minded, and feel ok. Not tired or anything really. They feel like they only last a few seconds. I don't think longer than a minute.

I have had a few times where I will be laying on the couch with my eyes closed. Not sleeping at all. Then I will hear this really loud "Buzzing" noise and the Buzzing feels like it is in my entire body. I don't think I am shaking at all or anything? Then it subsides. I am aware of my surroundings (sounds and people) but can't speak.

Has anyone else had these feelings?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
(female)

mott07 HB User
Re: Doc suspects Absence Seizures..What do you think?

For years before I was formally diagnosed, I had these things that sound very similar - I would sort of lose myself for 3-4 secs. Like I would be walking and suddenly my conscious mind would disappear for a few seconds. I wouldn't fall or anything, but would continue on in the path that I had originally been walking without being aware of it. That's how I walked in to a street sign. Things like that. Eventually, I had a full blown generalized seizure and have been medicated ever since. My doctor said that they were absence seizures. So, while yours sounds a little different, it does sound similar enough to be of concern. Also, a lot of people have auras before they have seizures (I don't), maybe the buzzing has something to do with that? I don't know. It seems like maybe you should take your doctor's advice and follow-up with a neurologist, see what she/he says.

Keep us posted!

Last edited by mott07; 09-04-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
(female)

celticgrl HB User
Re: Doc suspects Absence Seizures..What do you think?

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me!
I have talked with my GP and he is sending me for an EEG and to see a neurologist. So I have gone that far. I was just wondering if my symptoms do sounds like Abscense Seizures?
Thank you again. It is nice to talk to people who know how you feel and what you are going through!

Closed Thread