It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

skurburski58 HB User
Question need advice"help!" Dr.wants to change med or stop

HI
I'm 58 yrs old"female" and have been on"Mysoline" for 30 years and I haven't had a seizure for 30 yrs, and I have osteoporosis and The Dr."family Dr." suggested changing my seizure med to another seizure med,or stopping my seizure med since I haven't had a seizure in 30 yrs. Ok a little about myself"
when I was 3 I fell out of a car and suffered some brain damage" but at the time all they did was patch up the stitches and send you home.Later during my younger life I noticed hot flashes that would come across my head,later around "15" I had mini" seizures when you black out for seconds.Then around 18 after the birth of my first child I had a full blown grandmal seizure. After a while was put of Mysoline and was fine.But now the family dr.is sending me to a Neurologist to have an Mri and discuss changing or stopping my medicine...what should I do????Thanks Shirley

Old 09-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
(female)

valeriedl HB User
Re: need advice"help!" Dr.wants to change med or stop

I would see what the neuro has to say. Having to take a med for the osteoporosis that would cause problems with the eplispy med you are on could cause you to start having sezs again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User

Make sure to see a Neurologist. I wish I knew where he went... There was one I had briefly up north here (my clinic closed) who headed down towards your area, maybe Missouri. Didn't get the clinic name he went back to (see how bad I am at keeping track of peoples trails!). Also check at University if you can't locate any good Neurologist's or Epileptologist's.

I'm in the same mindset as you, don't mess with it if it works.

--Travis

Last edited by Travis from MN; 09-15-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: correction

Old 09-16-2008, 04:10 AM   #4
(female)

skurburski58 HB User

Thanks to you both for the advice about the seizure med I take.Ok I will see the Neurologist but the one my family Dr. picked out doesn't even specialize in Epilepsy so I feel a little uncomfortable about that,but yes I will check the University in KS and see who they have.Thanks. OH I found out I'm vitamin d
deficient and also read that"mysoline" can also cause this.I will let you all know how the appointment goes .Thanks.Shirl

Closed Thread