It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
(female)

dollydidit HB User
Question memory loss??

hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone experienced memory loss when they were on kepra and if so did it come back??? My b/f is having a really hard time just remembering yesterday and has been this way since a really bad bout of kepra induced depression. we are reducing his kepra but not sure about the memory loss.
thanks all
peta

Old 09-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
(female)

valeriedl HB User
Re: memory loss??

I'm not sure if this relates to your question or not, but when I was diagonsed with eplispy five years ago, the 10 years before that were pretty much gone.

My short term and long term memory aren't that great now either. I also take keppra, but I don't know if that has any thing to do with the memory loss. The neuro told me that I have too many "bad spots" in my brain that it is hard for me to remember things.

Hopefully his is from the keppra and he will beable to get over it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
(male)

logger HB User
Cool Re: memory loss??

i have had lots of problems with my memory - the results of the epilepsy condition, the meds, depression and also surgery. i have lowered the keppra and plan to stop it completely since it appears to be a major cause of the depression which can cause memory problems among other problems. keppra works wonders for some but not me.

best wishes

logger

Old 10-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
(female)

dollydidit HB User
Talking Re: memory loss??

Hi
Thankyou for you response to my thread. I thought I might just give you guys an update my b/f is being taken off the Keppra thank god for that as he experienced really bad depression and mood changes on this drug also memory loss, he was experiencing this at 250mg twice a day by the time he got to 750mg twice a day we really felt he was going to self harm and were very scared, but as the levels are comming down his memory is coming back, and i really think that the keppra may have contributed to the memory loss. When I mentioned memory loss to his neuro he seemed surprised but said the reaction he hed to Keppra only happens in about %4 of people, so maybe because he was so out of it from the Keppra he was not absorbing his surroundings or maybe just because of his reaction to the keppra he was loosing memory either was as i said now it is all slowly comming back and we are extreemly happy to know its not gone forever (he has lost enough memory from seizures) so i guess its been a good day for us today. The nuero is talking about putting him on drug trials as he is still having 3to 5 sez a week but we will cross that bridge when we get there.
cheers all
peta

Closed Thread