It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
(female)

lily5 HB User
please help any advice son has complex partial sizures, adhd and torrette like behavi

hi
looking for any advice on my sons very odd complex partial sizures. They last for about 1 and half minutes. he goes blothcy and feels sick, then usually becomes either uncoheriant or babbles noncence sometimes lip smacks and arm becomes ridged. sometimes feels tired afterwards or may just carry on . he is very aware of what is going on. he is on topamax, which is not holding the fits. he also has faily bad ADHD and also has torrette type behaviour swearing and strange noices, this is not all the time. Any body with ant advice or expierenced any thing similar it would be great to hear from you .
Cheers

Old 10-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
(female)

VA_girl HB User
Re: please help any advice son has complex partial sizures, adhd and torrette like be

I used to have complex partial. Could he have a brain tumor? Have you looked into natural remedies or the ketogenic diet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2008, 12:54 AM   #3
(female)

n8tivecenter HB User
Re: please help any advice son has complex partial sizures, adhd and torrette like be

Hi There
Have you tried Tegretol XR for him?
It releases medicine as the body/mind needs it.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
(female)

cathy57 HB User

Have you tried bontech? These kids may need magnesium taurate. Try checking for allergies to food... IgG is what you need here....

Old 04-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily5 View Post
hi
looking for any advice on my sons very odd complex partial sizures...he is very aware of what is going on. he is on topamax, which is not holding the fits. he also has faily bad ADHD and also has torrette type behaviour swearing and strange noices, this is not all the time....

The section I marked out is what stuck out in my eyes. He could have more than one type of seizure IF HE IS HAVING SEIZURES, that is possible. Usually we (epileptics) are UNAWARE during the seizure. Some of us may have a warning before, but the brain is "short circuiting" so it is nearly impossible to be aware during.

Has he ever "walked around aimlessly" for a brief period of time (possibly a minute, maybe little more)? (Walking seizures)

I have known people that in fact had tourettes. Stressing factors increased the frequency, and the "episodes" would come in short bursts to best explain what I have seen of it.

If in fact a person has that combined with epilepsy I can't imagine what the brain is going through, let along the stress a person carries. Try reducing stress in the persons life as best you can for the tourettes syndrome (if that has been confirmed) and see what else the Neurologists say for the seizures.

The doctors may have to adjust or change medications over time. Topamax (I'm on it now) is NOT a very enjoyable medication in how it effects a persons ability to maintain energy and stamina levels, not to leave out it likes to make us think we are not hungry. IF it's working, stay on it. But know there are other options out there.

--Travis

Closed Thread