It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

chis HB User
sleep study what tech said

I went for a sleep study yesterday. I felt such pressure to sleep and finally find out what has been wrong with me for over 15 years. I guess I finally fell asleep after 2 hours and had my usual "fit". Tech came running in and asked if I was okay and put some electrodes back on that pulled out. NOrmally I will go right back to sleep at home after "fit" and have another one within minutes of falling asleep again. This would go on all night. But it took awhile to fall back to sleep again after about 1/2 hour of getting electrodes right. Had I think 3 more events and tech said he has it on film. Been looking up about seizures and know that there is something about spikes in different parts of your brain that causing different types of epilepsy. He said when I had my event the whole brain spiked not just one part . Just wondering what this would mean. Just wondering if any other sleep disorder would spike anywhere. I did not have any apnea he said. Also he was very young and I'm wondering if he would be reading the results also to determine what I have. He said the next shift after him would be looking at it then it will go to my neuro. Who exactly besides my neuro interrprets results. Thank you for any info while I anxiously await for my neuro to call.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: sleep study what tech said

Generally the Tech that does the test is just that a Tech...someone that has been trained to do this one thing and no they do not read the results. That is pretty much the case in most all tests you might have like x-rays ..there is always a specialty physician that reads the results and writes the report for your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
(female)

soccerschmee14 HB User
Re: sleep study what tech said

the only thing i know to say is that epilepsy that generates from the entire brain is generalized E, whereas if it comes from just one part of the brain it is focal or partial E. again i am no doctor so you need to talk to your doc about this and have him interpret the results for you.

Closed Thread