It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
(female)

Kimwwe HB User
strange Lamictal symptom

I was wondering if anyone had a wierd kina of "mouth numbness"? It's the only way I can explain it. Someone I know said it might be an allergic reaction but I don't know for sure.
Also, now there is a generic for it and it seems worse with that. Along with appetite changes and my throat it really dry.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
(female)

jaimegirl HB User
Re: strange Lamictal symptom

I've been on Lamictal for close to 10 years, and I've never experienced that. Is it listed as a common side affect in the printout that your pharmacist gave you? I would try googling it, and also asking your doc.

Jaime

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
(female)

moody25 HB User

I don't take Lamictal, but I do take Topamax, and the numbness and drymouth (among other things) are side effects for that, for me.
A quick search showed me that dry mouth is listed as a fairly common side effect, though, although I think it's often listed as a fairly common side effect on most medications.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
(female)

nikauriy HB User

I had a horrible side effect on lamictal, almost died. The doctors said that if i would'nt call the ambulance for more than 5 minutes i would of died. I got red like if i was burned and swollen i could'nt even see or talk.. i was loosing control and the fever was 106.7.. be careful with lamictal it could be dangerous side effects

Old 11-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
(female)

nikauriy HB User

I take topamax and its a great medication. It makes me think better it control my seizures and the only thing is that i have kinda dry mouth, i barely taste the food i could eat it, but is like if i am eating nothing cause i dont know how it taste and also it makes me really thirsty... but besides that topamax its a great med ask your doctor to let u try it...

Old 11-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
(female)

claire1010 HB User

Hey. I have had Epilepsy for the last 7 years. For the last 3 years I have been on Lamictol. It started at 50mg Now I am on 400Mg. They are controlling the GM Seizures but Ive been having other seizure types since taking Lamictol, which are like Panic Attacks at the start where I feel really Scared, Nervous but then I don't remember anything for the 3-4 minutes it lasts. Im dazed after. Anyway last week my doc but me up to 400mg and said it's a new type of Seizure, but Im wondering is what Im experiencing a side effect of the Lamictol? Any Ideas? These attacks are riuning my life and I get so embarrased.

Closed Thread