It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 06:19 AM   #1
(female)

babysister66 HB User
Question about and episode I had yesterday

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong board, but I'm scared so I figured I'd try here and maybe headache.
I was watching TV last night with my son and boyfriend, had a bad headache but was just waiting for it to past. Suddenly I heard a sound like a sonic boom go off in my head, then it was like someone turning a switch off. Everything went bright white in my head and then went down to black, like from the edges down to a pin*****. I screamed, at least I think I did, because I thought a bomb had gone off and I was worried about my son. When my vision came back they were looking at me and all was right with the world. About a half hour later I got the tremors all over. Didn't last too long. I am in nursing classes, so of course I kept testing my facial muscles and stuff, thinking maybe I had a stroke or something. I was scared to go to sleep.
Does this sound more like seizure stuff, or neuro stuff, or vascular stuff? I have been around people who have had seizures (my son's father has grand mals) but I don't know what it feels like when it happens to you. If this is the wrong board, and this is something different, I apologize. I don't want to go running to the Dr. without knowing what I'm looking at.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
(female)

soccerschmee14 HB User
Re: Question about and episode I had yesterday

it doesn't really sound like a grand mal sz, bc with those you would know and everyone around you would have noticed that you had a sz. afterwards you would also be extremely tired and out of it, at least showing some signs that you had a sz. it could have been some sort of partial sz though. im not as familiar with those though. ask the ppl around you what they saw, it could really help determine what really went on during the event. it could be simple partial sz but mine arent like that but i know everyones are all very different. i would go to the neuro just to get everything all checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
Re: Question about and episode I had yesterday

I doubt it was a gran mal, but it is possible it was some kind of partial seizure like the above poster said. They can manifest themselves in all kinds of strange ways, depending on what part of the brain they're coming from. It sounds like if it was a seizure, it might have been from the temporal lobe because your vision and hearing were affected.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
(female)

Becci90 HB User
Cool Re: Question about and episode I had yesterday

Could be a simple partial as you were still concious. When I have a simple partial I have what can only be described as a projected film clip inside my head. I'm pretty sure its the same movie played every time I have one but I can never be sure because I know what I see at the time but as soon as its over I can't remember what it was about. I get really tired after & don't get back to normal very quickly. It feels like everyones really far away & I'm looking in on something I'm not part of. Its a very odd sensation. I get tingles starting in my abdomen & it goes up towards my head after a while & my breathing gets slow & shallow & I find it difficult to breath normally.
Hope this helps.
xx

Closed Thread