It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
(female)

Sally2008 HB User
Seizures, numb leg and arm...please help

Hey
My sons 19 year old girlfriend has started having seizures one month ago to the day. She has had about 7-10 since the very first one last month. She went to hospital first time and kept her for a couple days where she had about 5 different types of seizures throughout the night and referred her to a neurologist in a few days. She did not make the few days when anothe gran mal happend. She was in a grocery store when it happend and had to be transported to hospital. They let her out the next day with again a referral for the neurologist. 2 days later her leg was numb and twitching. Oh they did put her on dilantin. It was twitching so bad we took her in. She was in for 8 days and weened the dilantin and put on Keppra. All her catscans, MRI, were normal. Although little tumors found on her spine/neck area that they werent concerned about...WHAT!! Her EEG was abnormal. She was released on Friday a few days ago. She was a mess. They doped her up with so much adavant that she was out. She had another big seizure yesterday at our house and did complain about her arm being numb before it happend. I've never seen one before and my heart was so broken for that little girl. One doctor thinks it is the meds, another thinks it might be the little tumors that are on her spine that are benign. They actually said they do not know what is causing the seizures and the numbness. She can't walk. They are going to refer her to UCSD medical center in San Diego. This is so sad. What and why can't the doctors decide what is wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
(female)

shawanna24 HB User
Re: Seizures, numb leg and arm...please help

hi it seems that we are in the same boat i live in sc i already been to every dotor there is but i'm still having seizures more frequent legs hurt barely can walk arm hurt be falling down and they say its nothing maybe we have to go to a higher power to get help god bless us!

Closed Thread