It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

mbourdette HB User
seizures and computers

I have had three seizures since I started a job where I have to do a lot of computer work. Before that, I had not had a seizure in 30 years. It is a laptop and I have not had the seizures while operating it. Two were at night and one was during the day, after I had left work. I want to know if there is a possiblility that these seizures are due to the computer work.

--Margaret

Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
(female)

CateCatherine HB User
Re: seizures and computers

Well - I can tell you from experience that computer screens and the eye strain from the backlighting can provoke seizures for me. I can handle it most days, but when lots of other things are going on -- stress, lack of sleep, medication issues etc. Too much screen time and concentration can be a trigger.

Hope this was helpful.

Best wishes,

Cate

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2008, 06:57 AM   #3
(female)

JadedHeart8484 HB User
Re: seizures and computers

I think it all varies on the person. I've been diagnosed with epilepsy for 6 years now and most of them have been in front of the computer. However, I think it's circumstantial since they've all been around 10 in the morning.
At the same time, I think it's important to say that the way a computer screen works is similiar to a strobe light. It's going ridiculously fast so as to present a solid image, but if you've ever looked at a computer on video, you get those little lines going up and down the screen...

Hope this helped you understand a little better?

Closed Thread