It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #1
(female)

Becci90 HB User
Female & on Keppra?

I only just started on Keppra a week ago (250mg am & 250mg pm) & I have been in agony the past couple of days with stomach cramps & I've been pretty heavy too. I was wondering if anyone else had this on Keppra, im not sure if its the Keppra or my pcos. I suffered with A LOT of pain due to my pcos in previous years but this year I haven't seemed to have quite the same problems....until now!
Also noticed since being on Keppra I've been getting a bit of clear discharge, which I presume is from the meds. I got the same sort of discharge when I was on a drip in hospital (after I shattered my knee cap, I'm rather accident prone). Anyone else have this aswell?
Oh & side effects for me have actually been alright so far. Had a couple bad moments where I haven't been able to communicate properly coz I've been so spaced out, but generally speaking, makes me fairly dizzy an hour or so after taken them, a little bit shakey & spaced out, & Im always hungry at the moment, but its actually chilled me out.
I started uni in September & was stressing myself out & so nervous before I went in for lectures & couldn't eat & thing in the morning & struggled eating through out the day...now however, I'm not half as nausious, my throat doesn't feel tight & I've been managing to eat normally!
I think I got lucky there because alot of people seem to of got completely the opposite side effects to me. I just hope when my dose is doubled it doesn't change too much.
My boyfriend has been fantastic though & has been looking after me so I feel extremely fortunate. I've really struggled with being away from my mum especially starting on these new meds, but I think I'm getting there.
I wish everyone the very best with their treatments & hope your all enjoying the run up to christmas.

xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread