It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
(female)

Ligntnen HB User
Looking for a support group in Fairmont,MN

Hi everyone;

I am a very concerned Grandmother of a 2 year old little angle that was just diagnosed with Epilepsy. My son is a single father and is at wits end he lives in Fairmont MN and does not know where to turn for help. Is there any support groups in Fairmont where he can connect with other parents who have children with epilepsy? I myself actually live in Colorado and can not be there for him other than our phone calls which I know are a little help for him but it would be more beneficial to him to be able to talk to someone that is going through or have gone through this type of situation. He needs advice, and a friend that is willing to help him through this.

I myself do not nor can I imagine what he is going through and I feel so helpless myself. I know that there is some one out here that can and will help, PLEASE contact me so that I can pass your information on to my son.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: Looking for a support group in Fairmont,MN

Not sure for southern MN. There isn't much off I 90. MKT may be your best chance (Mankato; sorry I tend to use airport codes) for a place to look. Looks like it still is 50 minutes away by car.

The hospitals in the Twin Cities that focus on kids may be a good place to check.... but again, the problem is distance. They may know of local support groups in the area if they have clinics out there.

I tried finding support groups (for something else) and they were all in the Twin Cities. Doesn't work out when you can't drive.

At that age they (the baby) will have no memory of it starting. It will be normal to them. I hardly remember age 4 (when I was in the hospital!!) The following year I do (when my seizures started/brain surgery).

--Travis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread