It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
(female)

jessAmess HB User
New Onset Seizure

I recently woke up to my boyfriend screaming at me that the paramedics would soon be there for me. It was morning and he was about to leave for work and came into the room where I was sleeping to grab a few things. As he was walking out, he noticed that I was moving funny and making weird "gargeling" sounds. I didn't remember anything, and was extremely tired and nausious. The Medics put me to sleep and I woke up in a hospital. My sister came to visit me later in the morning, and I was laying in a hospital bed and I told her that I was having a flashback, and then went into another seizure. They rushed me over to another hospital and did CT, MRI, and EEG's and found nothing, No epilepsy or chemical discharge that goes along with it. They told me that during the seizures I was blue and not breathing and I now have a very bad sore on my tounge where I apparently bit myself during one or both. I was diagnosed with New Onset Seizure, and they have no reasons. They perscribed Lamictal. Im on 25 mg now, but will eventually be at 100mg. Taking suck a high dosage of antiepileptic meds does not make sense to me since im not epileptic. Should I get a second opinion? Have you ever heard of New Onset Seizures? Should I have more extensive testing done on places other than my head?

Old 04-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: New Onset Seizure

Welcome to the boards. There is alot of information on these boards for you to read. There are many reasons for seizures to start. Some could be head injuries, hormonal, chemical, allergies, electro magnetic fields, cell phones, fluorescent lights, MSG, who knows exactly. Some people get them starting at puberty or menopause with the hormonal changes going on in the brain.
It sounds like you did have a seizure. Start keeping a calendar of when you have them and see if it coincides with your period. The only thing I know about Lamictal is that it could cause you to gain weight. There are natural alternatives you could use instead to control seizures. Have a natural doctor check your neurotransmitters and amino acids and test you for heavy metals.
We take in a lot of excitotoxins in our world these days and our brains are paying the price for it. Look through the boards here and get a feel for what others experience. Don't give up. Be your own advocate because doctors aren't going to look outside the box. They are just going to give you a pill and send you on your way. It's what they're taught, unfortunately. Be careful of having MRI's where they inject die into you. It's toxic. It's called Gadolinium and it's used to enhance the brain images for the techs to look at. Your body won't get rid of it easily. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2009, 05:53 AM   #3
(female)

jessAmess HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92261 View Post
Welcome to the boards. There is alot of information on these boards for you to read. There are many reasons for seizures to start. Some could be head injuries, hormonal, chemical, allergies, electro magnetic fields, cell phones, fluorescent lights, MSG, who knows exactly. Some people get them starting at puberty or menopause with the hormonal changes going on in the brain.
It sounds like you did have a seizure. Start keeping a calendar of when you have them and see if it coincides with your period. The only thing I know about Lamictal is that it could cause you to gain weight. There are natural alternatives you could use instead to control seizures. Have a natural doctor check your neurotransmitters and amino acids and test you for heavy metals.
We take in a lot of excitotoxins in our world these days and our brains are paying the price for it. Look through the boards here and get a feel for what others experience. Don't give up. Be your own advocate because doctors aren't going to look outside the box. They are just going to give you a pill and send you on your way. It's what they're taught, unfortunately. Be careful of having MRI's where they inject die into you. It's toxic. It's called Gadolinium and it's used to enhance the brain images for the techs to look at. Your body won't get rid of it easily. Good luck
After my MRI,CT and EEG came back normal(no epilepsy) I just dont feel right about taking 100mgs of antiseizure meds. What type of natural help is available? Where else can I look for info on New Onset Seizure? The Dr's didnt tell me much, and I cannot find info on it anywhere. As soon as I get financial things figured out(I have no insurance) I will look into a second opinion, as long as there are no emergencies b4 then...

Old 04-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

You don't say your age but either way there are other things you can do. First, start taking some magnesium and a good Vit B mixture that is good for reducing stress. The B vitamins work better when they are taken together. There's also a supplement called CELLFOOD that you can buy at a health food store. It's not cheap but it is supposed to bring oxygen & nurishment to the cells. Do you know what Mitochondria is? It's known as the cells' little powerhouse. If this is disturbed because of hormones or thyroid issues or other issues then you need to get it working right again. Enzymes, minerals, vitamins, amino acids all play a part in this. There is also CoQ10 that is helpful to generate nurishment to the cells. You need to get your body checked by an endocrynologist to see if there are endocrine problems. You have to start somewhere. The neurologist is a start but there are other doctors that might be able to unravel other things for you. It's tough if there's no insurance but a lot of these things aren't covered by insurance anyway. Anything that's good for you the insurance doesn't cover. That's the good old US of A for ya!

Closed Thread