My epilepsy was cause by a car accident in 1995. I had one seizure on the site and treated as a seizure patient. After the fact I was told that they should have gotten more medical back ground before doing that. They gave me the works, a whole bunch of dilantin and neurontin. I did not have one scratch on my body from the car accident. I was also told that them treating me a epileptic with the medication, the medication could have stalled the healing of my brain and without the medication my brain may have healed on its on just like it was before the accident. So lets get the history started.
Listed in medicine transitions:
- The first medicine was neurontin - To me it did not work well at all. I still had seizures and the medicine makes you really tired.
- Dilantin - The next on the shopping cart. Dilantin worked better but it makes you really tired
- Neurontin and dilantin at the same time at smaller dosages - Those two mixed together are nothing. I had more seizure taking those than not taking those.
- Trileptal - Does not work by its self
- Lamictal - Does not work by its self
- Keppra - Does not work by its self
- Keppra trileptal and lamictal - I start taking to get it worked in my system - (1200mg - Trileptal) (1000mg - Keppra) (300mg Lamictal). You cannot drive while getting them worked in. 2.5 hours after you take them you will hit the ground, not from seizure but from the strength of the drugs. I was walking around the flea market and my father had to get the car to come back and get me because I could not walk. I was sitting in my computer chair and you know when it kicks in when you start to see two monitors on your computer. 10 minutes after that I fell out of my computer chair.
- You have to do that for one month and after that the doctor cut dosage in half on all pills two times a day (10am) and (10pm).
- Nothing else worked for me. This worked like a charm. The only thing you can not do is eat after you take the medicine for about 2.5 hours or you will go to sleep.
If you need some more help just send me a message. I have had epilepsy for 14 years and all it took was a indian neurologist at MCV in Virginia 2 Days to get me straight. Gave me a EEG and found that my temporal lobe on my right side was damaged and I had high cholesterol.
****If you smoke don't use patches, If you are at a good wait do not change your eating patterns no matter how strange they are. AND DON'T LET PROBLEMS STRESS YOU OUT.****