It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

redsmom HB User
Exclamation How to tell your going to have a seizure

This is kind of new for me. The first time my daughter had a seizure was at the age of three brought on by a high fever then the next time at age five for the same reason then nothing for 26 yrs.. Out of the blue she has a seizure which we find out later turns out to be a Grand Mal and turns her life up side down due to the side effects which actually lasted for a bit longer than a week. Blood work was done including an EKG, EEG and a Cat Scan but so far nothing was found, next week she visits the Neurologist for further testing. Today she calls me and tells me that her tongue went numb. Now my question is what should she be on the look out for to let her know that she is ready to have another seizure? I've tried looking on line but got frustrated finding nothing.
Thank you for any help you can give.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 PM   #2
(female)

Camieheuer777 HB User
Re: How to tell your going to have a seizure

When i was a child the first sign that i was going to have seizure was loss of vision and body function, for others it was loss of reality and current situation. The need to lay down was the first sign something was wrong. If you notice an incoherent non compliant reaction, it may be your sign and hers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
(female)

redsmom HB User
Re: How to tell your going to have a seizure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camieheuer777 View Post
When i was a child the first sign that i was going to have seizure was loss of vision and body function, for others it was loss of reality and current situation. The need to lay down was the first sign something was wrong. If you notice an incoherent non compliant reaction, it may be your sign and hers.
May I ask you a question? How was your grasp on reality after the seizure? My daughter says that even six days later she sees like shadows of people out of the corner of her eyes and that loud noises bother her and life seems to move slower and today her tongue went numb and she's still tired all the time. Is that how it is for you?

Worried Mom

Closed Thread