It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
(female)

zizo kiko HB User
why epilepsy people become angry always

why epilepsy people become angry always?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
(female)

lamb HB User
Re: why epilepsy people become angry always

I never heard this.???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
(male)

logger HB User

if you are referring to someone who has displayed anger type behavior it may be due to a combination of factors such as med side effects, frustration, worry, fatigue, etc.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lheger62 HB User

I don't know if you mean generally or when they have seizures. If you mean after the seizure think about it the person wakes up doesn't know what happened. I have two daughters who have epilepsy and it has changed their lives dramatically. It is not easy for the person with epilepsy or the parents of the epilepsy patient. When they come out of the seizure their brain is trying to come back. You should explain the comment you made better than I maybe could answer it better.

lheger62

Old 10-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
(male)

Webman727 HB User

There is a long list of things associated with epilepsy and the world in general that leads to problems that cause frustration.

1.) A lot of medications used for epilepsy have neurological and emotional side effects that mess with the bran in ways that you can only imagine. This can lead to moments of extreme anger from small issues.

2.) Not very many people in the world know very much about epilepsy and tend to jump to a lot of false assumptions about it. For example a lot of people assume that all types of epilepsy has seizures triggered by strobe lights. In truth there are many types of epilepsy that is not triggered by strobe lights.

3.) Driving limits. If your life consist of repeatedly loosing your license then getting it back the repeat over and over it gets annoying. it interferes with the ability to make plans and schedual things.

To some it up it is mostly because of how it effects daily everyday life and creates problems that epileptics have to deal with that normal every day people without epilepsy would never imagine having to deal with. Please keep in mind this is only based on my opinion of life growing up with epilepsy. Some people might disagree.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
(male)

Samsh33 HB User

Hi,
I just like to say hello to all you people as I am a new member to this site and have epilepsy.
My veiw on angry is that medicine that you take it's side effect can cause you a lot of emonitional feeling, as I have a problem in controling my feeling when I am angry due to fit and when I worry when I am feeling a fit is coming on.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:57 AM   #7
(female)

Andrea01 HB User

I have to disagree with you on this......I take Keppra but it doenst make me angry..good job really as i work in a pre-school lolol in fact it has done the opposite i enjoy my life more than i did before..no i cant drive and yes at first i was devestated when i had the seizures as i hadnt had one in 14 years but i arnt one to mope and get frustrated..it would not only bring me down when i did it would bring the family down to so i just get on with my life as i have always done You only have one life...live it, if it kills you die happy

Take care

Andrea x

Old 10-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #8
(male)

Samsh33 HB User
Wink Re: why epilepsy people become angry always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea01 View Post
I have to disagree with you on this......I take Keppra but it doenst make me angry..good job really as i work in a pre-school lolol in fact it has done the opposite i enjoy my life more than i did before..no i cant drive and yes at first i was devestated when i had the seizures as i hadnt had one in 14 years but i arnt one to mope and get frustrated..it would not only bring me down when i did it would bring the family down to so i just get on with my life as i have always done You only have one life...live it, if it kills you die happy

Take care

Andrea x
Hi Andrea,
I am happy to receive your reply, I have 1 to 5 fits in a day or 1 a week has my Complex piation is not controlled and the medicine I take I read and it does say that I can have mood swings or anger to anxiety feelings.Anyway I have a lot of stress from my family and I have not worked for 18 years because of fits in school and when I finish my GCSE 20 years ago.I Believe people do not know how epilepsy effects a child and a adult.

Kind Regards
Mr.Dar

Last edited by Samsh33; 10-12-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
(female)

lamb HB User

Samsh33, What med. do you take?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #10
(male)

Samsh33 HB User
Smile Re: why epilepsy people become angry always

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb View Post
Samsh33, What med. do you take?
Hi Lamb,
Well I take Pregablin,Tegretol Retard and Keppra.

Kind Regards
A.Dar

Old 10-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #11
(male)

shakin stevens HB User

I BLOODY WELL DONT, HOW DARE YOU EVEN THINK THAT, just kidding in my case its just frustration and drugs, ste

Old 10-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
(female)

Andrea01 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsh33 View Post
Hi Lamb,
Well I take Pregablin,Tegretol Retard and Keppra.

Kind Regards
A.Dar
When i as diagnosed with epilepsy the first time round (i was 12) i was put on tegretol i cant remember of any side effects only if i took 800mg it felt like i was in a washing machine everything would be spinning..not a nice feeling lolol got me out of doing any school work for an hour though as the writing on the blackboard wouldnt stay still lolol anyway that got reduced to 400 mg twice a day then over the years was reduced down to 100 mg......14 years later i am on 1000mg of keppra. My memory is one of a goldfish... lololol but that is the only side effect i get

Old 11-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #13
(female)

valeriedl HB User

I know that I have trouble dealing with people, mostly kids around 10 or so.

I will yell at them in the stores, I recently went to a movie with my dad, we went to see a kids movie (even though I'm 33) and I ended up telling the little kid that was sitting behind me to be quiet.

I'll also complain about things at resturants, stores, movies (maybe I should stop going to those!) and other places. If it makes me mad I act on it. Usually it just comes out before I even realize I'm saying it. This makes my family mad and I usually get a lecture afterwards.

I am on Tegratal, Lamictal and Depacote (I know I problay spelled those wrong) and I also have a VNS implant.

I posted about this in another thread so it's kinda good to know I'm not the only one. I'm going to ask my neuro about this at my next appt.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #14
(female)

PtC HB User
Wink Re: why epilepsy people become angry always

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizo kiko View Post
why epilepsy people become angry always?
Hi--You made me laugh--I am an "epilepsy" people. I guess I get mad because I have to keep repeating myself, because nobody seems to get what I am trying to tell them--how's that?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #15
(female)

PtC HB User
Talking Re: why epilepsy people become angry always

I tend to agree wholeheartedly about the frustration that we are not allowed to feel--I mean, wasn't I told to get in touch with my feelings years ago? My, My.. So instead we're all supposed to walk around like the Stepford Wives or whatever because they really don't know how to deal with this and those of us are living with this nonsense actually know more about our situations than....and on and on....

Closed Thread