It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

wsmomkim2 HB User
What do you think? H1N1 Vaccine/Epilepsy

I have read a lot from different Moms about the H1N1 shot that have children with no underlying medical issues but not any from Moms with conditions. My dd is 8 and has seizure disorder. She has been seizure free for 3 1/2 years. She has not had any vaccines since being seizure free. I am reading so many horror stories about healthy children and also about kids with chronic conditions like seizure disorder. I have no idea whether to get this vaccine. Her neuro NP said that kids with seizure disorder can't handle it the way "healthy kids" bodies can. She said something about their bodies can't handle it and the neurons in their brains fire more with it. She said that they have a few kids in the hospital with the swine flu and one is on a ventilator.

Any advice? I don't want to mess anything up since she has been seizure free from hers meds by giving her the vaccine but am worried about her getting it.

Thanks!

Last edited by wsmomkim2; 10-23-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
(female)

kcurf HB User
Re: What do you think? H1N1 Vaccine/Epilepsy

Did your neuro suggest she NOT get the vaccine? I haven't heard about having breakthrough seizures becuase of the vaccine. I myself am struggling with getting my kids vaccinated or not...and they are healthy and have no underlying health problems.

Last edited by kcurf; 10-23-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

mamaonamission HB User

First of all, if your kids are healthy and have no underlying health conditions, why in the world would you vaccinate them with a vaccine that has not been properly tested? In anyone who is completely healthy H1N1 is no more dangerous than any other flu bug. Almost all of the people who are dying from this strain of flu have "underlying health conditions" meaning---they are NOT dying from H1N1. The regular flu vaccine and this one contain mercury which is a known nuero-toxin. Would you rather your child get cancer from the vaccine you forced on them or get a flu bug that they will get over in maybe a week at the longest, and have natural immunity for the rest of thier lives???

Old 10-24-2009, 03:01 AM   #4
(female)

kcurf HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaonamission View Post
First of all, if your kids are healthy and have no underlying health conditions, why in the world would you vaccinate them with a vaccine that has not been properly tested? In anyone who is completely healthy H1N1 is no more dangerous than any other flu bug. Almost all of the people who are dying from this strain of flu have "underlying health conditions" meaning---they are NOT dying from H1N1. The regular flu vaccine and this one contain mercury which is a known nuero-toxin. Would you rather your child get cancer from the vaccine you forced on them or get a flu bug that they will get over in maybe a week at the longest, and have natural immunity for the rest of thier lives???
This is exactly the reason why I struggle with the idea of getting my kids vaccinated...I think they rushed things to fast, and don't know what kind of side effects the vaccine has. BTW I do know of a boy who was 7 who died of complications that are RARE but he was completely healthy before the flu. You are correct that most people who are dying have health problems (try telling that to my mother who is extremely worried.) I am leaning towards not vaccinating them, but only becuase we live in the middle of no where, where the vaccine is still unavliable in any form and our exposure to anyone is low.
I think that the media is hyping this up so much that it is creating xtra worry...they leave out important information...like the fact that the vaccine has a mercury based preservative...this was somthing I didn't know until I read these threads. Yeah sure they say they are safe...but they will say anything is safe to make a buck these days. As for right now the vaccine isn't avaliable here in any form so even those with health problems would have to travel 3 to 4 hours to get it. I will just have to sit an hope that my kids don't get sick...(even though 3 schools within 60 miles have been closed due to flu, and my son's bus driver has the flu. ) (For those who don't know I have a 14 month old, a 5 year old, my husband is diabetic, and I have epilepsy.) Right now I worry alot...because there are two people in my household who are extremly suseptable to it...and it's not the kids. These are only my opinons...and I am not a Dr.

Last edited by kcurf; 10-24-2009 at 03:23 AM.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
(female)

Andrea01 HB User

For one i thing this swine flu thing is being blown out of proportion..scaremongering by both the media and television.....i wont have the jab and the kids wont be having it either...i know a few people who have had it and they just say it is like a really bad cold but you get sickenss with it too. There is absolutely no way i would have it or let my kids have it with it not being properely tested!!

Andrea x

Old 10-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User

One item they are not saying much is the BASE for the shot is EGG BASED. So if people have allergies to egg you CAN'T get the shot for H1N1. I think this also applies to the inhaled version, but I cannot state that for sure.

I think the MEDIA is blowing this our of proportion. Not to mention Washington DC, The President just announced it yesterday (Saturday) that "it is a national emergency". You can find that covered on the CDC webpage, and newspapers in California and Washington DC (without mentioning names, you should be able to find them).

--Travis

Last edited by Travis from MN; 10-25-2009 at 04:45 AM.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:15 AM   #7
(female)

Nelsker HB User

Would you rather your child have an extremely high fever as well as being so sick that you can't control it with medications due to the H1N1 flu and then have seizures because of it? I don't think I could handle my daughter going into status epilepticus due to high fevers because I didn't vaccinate her. What do you think the daily medications do to their body? Which is worse to a child, long term use of the side effects of anti-epileptic medications or this H1N1 vaccination? I surely wouldn't stop my daughter's medications.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
(female)

lexynic HB User
My sister never had a seizure in her life. Very healthy, fun loving, happy go lucky girl. Friday, October 30th, she recieved the H1N1 vaccine. She lives with me and I took her to my childrens Doctors office. She had no reaction to the vaccine until Saturday night.

She had a seizure Saturday night, Sunday night and when she had her 3rd seizure Monday night, they admitted her to the hospital at UC Davis. Several seizures followed her 8 day's in Intensive Care. She even had a seizure last Sunday at In&Out.

They are calling these seizures Psudo-seizures because she is female and 15, a common age when these types of "seizures" start. (a psudo-seizure isn't a real seizure) No Doctor has ever wittnessed a Seizure and they haven't caught one on an EEG. They haven't even lookeed into the vaccine being the cause. Every time I bring it up, BLANK STARE. SO, obviously the vaccine could have caused this and I don't want to vaccinate my children now.

She is not on Kepra, 2,500 mg a day until they ween her off.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-22-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: you can edit your post, if you want to add something, instead of making a whole new post

Old 12-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
(male)

jg4hlth HB User

Seizures are from toxins to the nerves. Everyone should be educated about toxins and products containig MSG. Warning since the health press about MSG they have been disguing its use by calling it a color agent etc. MSG tastes great but causes headaches as it atacks the nerves. With too much MSG combined with toxins you can get everything from muscular dystrophy to having a weak immune system that allows you to get cancer, viruses, heart problems and strokes.

Toxins: Teflon may still be the main ingrediant in (Scotsguard). Heavy metals such as lead and mercury are a major threat to the body. Dental fillings such as lead or the white amalgum containing mercury are passed from mother to the baby. Pesticides in the house, ground and covering food products constantly lower the immune system.

The pesticides on grapes and other foods you don't peel don't wash off! Some homes have lead paint. Thimerosal (in vaccination shots) which also contains mercury.

The doctors are now changing the cause of disease for the third time from bacteria to viruse and now to genetics. The truth is the problems are passed on from the above mentioned products that the FDC approved.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-01-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy - Using paragraphs will make your posts more readable

Old 12-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #10
(female)

bhbc1 HB User

my daughter 15, has been seizure free for 1 year she is on lamictal, Thursday she had H1N1 vaccine, she complained her left side felt strange. On Friday I got a call from school stating she felt like she was gonna have a seizure, when I got to school, her left side was shaking uncontrollably, and she said she kept seeing flaoting squares. ER Dr stated she was having partical seizures and that it is possible it was stemming from getting the vaccine. wish I would have never gotten that done.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #11
(male)

jg4hlth HB User

First of all you need to get in touch with Dr Buttar, a toxicology doctor to get her detoxified. The blood and urine test for heavy medals can be done at home or by any doctor. The mecury in trimarasol used in the vaccines adds toxicity but many people have high toxiciy from tuna fish, dental fillings, pesticides, lead, other vaccinations. The toxins build up when you drink products that dehydrate your system like coffee and soda. Another serious toxin is food and chips with MSG and food preservatives that directly attack the nervous system. This first indication of toxicity is headaches but of course stress and nasal infections can cause a head ache. People with migrains have been totaly cured with a change of diet with a few months. The good news is that with people who exercise drink a lot more water and juices that flush out your system. A five year study by the Canadian medical group showed that anti-persperants stop the body from emmiting toxins. De-orderants are much safer. The FDA defends each product on a one by one case. The problem is that many of the products collectly cause the problems therefore people need to be educated to protect yourself. Correct nutrician and exercise is more about health than just to maintian your figure and weight. Vitamin B12 is one vitamin that helps to detoxify. Search the internet for all the keywords to get the full story and studies.

Closed Thread