It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
(male)

USAAlone HB User
Smile Why would a Gastrointestinal Doc cancel my colonoscopy due to a seizure disorder?

Hi,

Why would a Gastrointestinal Doc cancel my colonoscopy due to a seizure disorder?
My first visit to this doctor was for bleeding
hemorrhoids. When he arrived, he asked if I had any other problems. I told him I have seizures. Without saying anything to me after that. My appointment ended with him.
He spent the whole time canceling the colonoscopy. Never said a word about why he canceled it. Never did anything but charged me for the office visit. Must be afraid of people with seizures. Never talked to me after I said I have a seizure disorder. His associate referred me to him. Asked his associate my Neurologist. Asked why would a doctor cancel a colonoscopy due to seizures? All he would say is "we are not here to talk about your colon". That day he had a intern come in with him. Wrote a letter to my Neurologist. Telling him to get off his high horse and get down to earth. Told him I wasn't talking about my colon. He sent me a reply letter saying he cannot be my doctor anymore.That was 6 years ago. Been without a primary care doctor for 6 years.

Thank you,

Daniel

Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Why would a Gastrointestinal Doc cancel my colonoscopy due to a seizure disorder?

USAAlone: Take it as a sign that you don't want to deal with that doctor anyway and he probably has no confidence in himself. I had a similar problem when I went to get a mamogram a few years ago. I had a seizure while getting prepared for it and then the EMT's were standing in front of me! I couldn't get the mamogram until I got them to accept approval from my neurologist.

Today these doctors are paranoid that you're going to have a seizure and something will go wrong and you'll end up sueing them. Find another doctor if you can.

I had one doctor that was driving me nuts and I reported him to the state board of registry for doctors.

I also have been having a hard time getting massage therapists to give me a massage. They're paranoid too that I'll have a seizure and sue them!!!! I need a massage because every time I have a seizure I tighten up and my muscles spasm and I need to get the tension out.

There's got to be someone out there that can help you. Write to the hospitals in your area and see if you can get someone to help you. What about your health insurance? They should be able to help you find someone too. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
(male)

stevefromsd HB User
Re: Why would a Gastrointestinal Doc cancel my colonoscopy due to a seizure disorder?

The "Dr" literally has a phobia about seizures. Is he going to faint if he sees a seizure? Seriously.

Closed Thread