It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
(male)

crj2011 HB User
What happened to me??

Ok so I originally posted this in a different section but someone told me to give it a try over here so here goes...

I have been pretty stressed out lately, I work graves at a warehouse and started a second job at a fast food joint that only lasted like 3-4 shifts. The car dealership decided I wasn't approved for the loan I was approved for 2 weeks ago so they took my car, so I went home told my boss I wouldn't be in tonight and went to sleep. By this point I had already been up for around 24 hours. I just blew everything off and didn't worry about it so that I could get some much needed rest.

About 5-6 hours went by and I wake up to go use the restroom. *here's the problem* After using the bathroom, I started shaking uncontrollably, fell forwards but was able to catch myself. I was weak, I could barely hold myself up. I have no idea just how long I was in there, but I knew where I was and was not confused, I actually didn't even think anything of it. I just got back up (I don't know if I got up immediately or not, I may have been in there for some time, but I live alone so I have no clue) and went back to my bedroom. I went back to bed and woke up another 3 hours later, feeling fine, still exhausted however. I forgot to mention, I woke up with a sharp pain in my bladder and it was still there when I went and laid back down.

I am a pretty healthy young guy for the most part. I am 22, physically fit due to warehouse work, but I am not in shape and I do smoke. Yes I know it's bad for you, please don't harp on me about that as I get it enough already. I am working on quitting and I have drastically reduced the amount of cigarettes I smoke throughout the day as compared to any given day in 2010.

I have been working on reducing my stress level as much as possible over the past few weeks because I went to the er for chest pains, nobody could tell me anything, but the guys at work who saw my condition (I left work to go to the er) said they believed I was having an anxiety attack or something along those lines. At the er they did chest xrays and hooked me up to the ekg and everything came back normal, and they said I appeared to be in very healthy condition, just to return if I got any pains again but get there before the pain subsided next time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: What happened to me??

crj2011: You had a scary situation there. I'm an epileptic and my son is a diabetic. You could have had a seizure of some type. A seizure can also be caused from low blood sugars. Have you ever been tested for Type 1 Diabetes? Get your blood sugar levels checked. You were tired after this episode because of the trauma it took on your body. I'd say if it keeps happening to get to a neurologist and get an EEG and MRI to make sure there's nothing going on in your brain that is unusual. Of course being a smoker does not help matters at all.

Causes of seizures are stress, lack of sleep, chemicals, being exposed to electromagnetic fields (cell phones, TV, computers, video games, etc), fluorescent lights, strobe lights, MSG, and for me, the new and full moons. How much sleep are you getting? You're working the graveyard shift and that could be a problem adding to your health issues.

What kinds of foods do you eat? High fats? Sugar? When's the last time you had a good physical and had your cholesterol checked? Do you drink? Anxiety attacks can also be caused by blood sugar problems and stress. Do you take vitamins? Getting your vitamin levels checked could be helpful in finding the problem. Some people are low on Vitamin D, B6 and B12 and just by adding them to your diet you can fix many issues.

Do you know if there is any history in your family of diabetes, heart disease, epilepsy or any other illnesses?

I wish I could help you more but you've got to get to a doctor to get assessed first. Don't let it get to the point where this keeps happening and you end up having problems behind the wheel of a car.

Closed Thread