| | Is this Temporal Lobe Epilepsy?
Well, I am really scared. I was diagnosed in early 2000 as having severe bipolar disorder, ADHD and post-traumatic stress (due to being abused by relatives). I am not so sure.
1. Severe hallucinations. Full fledged all five senses involved; I would feel a sense of doom, as if something absolutely terrible was about to occur, then sensing a presence in the room. Often if the wind blew the door open and knocked things down, I would think some kind of evil supernatural/paranormal being (ghost, alien, etc) was coming into the room, and a few seconds later I'd feel as if the covers were being pulled away from me. These hallucinations were absolutely terrifying for me, and I still have them.
2. Terrible headaches, as if my brain is about to explode.
3. Frequent crying jags at the smallest things.
4. Severe nausea and vomiting (chronic), especially when lying down.
5. Abnormal, irrational fears, ie drowning, bright lights, or aliens.
6. Gradual inability to walk--if I try to walk more than 5 to 15 minutes I collapse and black out.
8. Frequent blacking-out for up to 3 to 5 minutes, with little or no memory of what I was doing before.
9. Extremes of emotion; I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at the desire of my mother by a fundamentalist Christian "doctor" in high school, which my current psychiatrist doubts that I have.
I used to think I was a victim of alien abduction, thanks to my mother inundating me with such lore, but now I'm not too sure, since all my symptoms add up to me having a brain problem rather than some bug-eyed monster using me as his secret human playmate. But in all honesty, at this point I think I would rather it be alien visitors instead of TLE, though I am not sure why.
Also I want to know: would the medication for TLE cause me to be a vegetable? I am an intelligent and sociable woman with a high IQ, who really wants to go back to school, but at this point I am so depressed that I want to give up.
Please help, I'm really quite scared.
ISIS ASTARTE DIANA HECATE DEMETER KALI INANNA