It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
(female)

GHIYA HB User
Epilepsy

How often do people get seizures - i had my first seizure about a week ago and i dont remember ANYTHING! What triggers these fits? any one know?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Epilepsy

Ghiya, there can be many triggers. Some people may have had head injuries, tumors, etc. that could cause them. It could be hormonal - look up Catamenial Epilepsy. Depending on how old you are it can start at puberty or menopause with the hormonal changes going on in the brain.

Other triggers are foods like MSG, Soy, meats with hormones, gluten, or any kind of allergy. Fluorescent lights, plastics, stress, lack of sleep, chemicals like gasoline, bleach, ammonia, cleaning chemicals, perfume, cigarettes, and more. Some people are also triggered by EMF's from cell phones, computers, and electronics. The sun, the new and full moons trigger mine. It's the electromagnetic pull from the earth.

You need to get tested through an EEG and MRI to see what is going on in your brain. My seizures aren't controlled by meds because it's all about menopause with me. I've got estrogen dominance. There are many posts on the boards here that I've posted that explain what I've gone through. It's unfortunate that we live in a toxic world these days and this epilepsy has become more of an epidemic.

The Following User Says Thank You to 92261 For This Useful Post:
GHIYA (05-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
(female)

GHIYA HB User

I was diagnosed a two weeks ago - had a hystorectomy at the age of 25. maybe its the hormones. have never felt anywhere close to having one again. Maybe it is just the one time and im lucky or would that be wishfil thinking (_;

Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
(female)

cardshark HB Usercardshark HB Usercardshark HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIYA View Post
I was diagnosed a two weeks ago - had a hystorectomy at the age of 25. maybe its the hormones. have never felt anywhere close to having one again. Maybe it is just the one time and im lucky or would that be wishfil thinking (_;
Hi and welcome to the boards!! It is definately possible tha you could have a one time seizure. Most often if that is the case it is caused by other medical issues such as an extremely high fever.
As to your first post when you asked about how often people have seizures, that varies from person to person and sometimes even within the same person. I have been battling Catamenial epilepsy (hormonal epilepsy) for almost 15 years. I have gone through spouts where I only had seizures every couple of months and I have gone through spouts where I have had 12 seizures/day.
Hopefully you will be lucky and not have any additional seizures and it will be a one time occurance! Keep us posted and if you have any additional questions/concerns don't hesitate to ask! We are all here for each other!
Welcome to the boards!
cardshark

The following user gives a hug of support to cardshark:
GHIYA (05-16-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to cardshark For This Useful Post:
GHIYA (05-16-2011)
Closed Thread