It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
(male)

Ace101 HB User
Am I having Seizures Again

I have a history of Petit Mal Seizures. They started at age 8-9 and lasted for over a year untill I began taking medication for them. Although the seizures went away I continued taking the medicine for a few more. Eventually I got off of them and have not had symptoms of them untill recently. I also have a history of concussions. I have had 2 major and 6 minor concussions.

Lately I have have been feeling absent minded and lose my train of thought more than ever. Other times I expirence uncontrolable jerks most of the time located in my right arm.

I am currently in college and live alone. After a scare in my apartment complex the other night I was unable to sleep and stayed up. I am perscribed to Adderol and before my class at 8:00 am I took my normal daily dosage and went to school. Finally when I got back to my apartment at 11:00 am I laid down on the couch to get some rest but still was unable to sleep. I know I didn't fall asleep but my first clear memory was at 3:00 pm. I got up to use the bathroom and noticed that I had a big bump on my head with a cut that could have possiblly needed a stich or two. I cleaned it off and superglued it back together. When I called my girlfriend she asked me if I was drunk. I had a headache and was very confused. The next day my jaw was sore, my butt and shens were bruised, and I had a big cut on my forehead.

The funny thing is that I dont remember anything that could have caused all of that.
Did I have a Grand Mal seizure? I have never had one that I know of but at the same time I dont want to tell anyone because I don't want to have to go through all the test again unless it is completly necessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
(female)

heyloe HB Userheyloe HB Userheyloe HB User
Re: Am I having Seizures Again

Hello,

Well, you have a history of seizures and now you are losing time and waking up injured and sore...don't you think that perhaps seeing a doctor should be a little high up on a list of priorities
You live alone and have bashed your head twice, compare that with the tests you will need to find out if you are indeed having seizures...it's not so bad. If you are indeed (and it does sound like a good possibility) having seizures you should find out for sure and see what treatment will be best for you. I have had seizures while alone and have not suffered serious injury but have knocked out a couple of teeth...not fun! Also, take care of yourself, get sleep etc., it can help.

Cheers and good luck!

Heyloe

Closed Thread

Tags
epilepsy, grand mal, medical advice, petit mal, seizure