It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

yorkielover007 HB User
Smile Simple partial seizures/temporal

Hi,
I have had simple partial seizures on and off for 15 years. (starting around 31) I never had any before that. I don't know what triggered them at all. I've had mri's and they were mostly normal and my eeg showed right temporal abnormality with possible seizures disorder. I almost always get seizures within 39 minutes of getting up in the morning and I only get about 8 to 10 a year. But this last year and yesterday I am getting the aura and then I'm blacking out for just a short time. My husband actually saw me yesterday and was able to catch me and get me safely to the ground which I don't remember. I came to about one minute later according to him. He said my eyes remained open and fixated. He said my eyes looked very weird and I looked "dead". I have tried vimpat and keppra in the past but I didn't like the meds so for the most part I have gone without meds. I'm sure I'm perimenopausal and I know that could be triggering things and in the past my seizures have almost been right before my period. I'm scared because I have never had a seizure outside my house and I work full time and don't want to have one away from home. I don't know why I'm blacking out now. I don't have any kind of body movement, toungue biting, pants wetting etc. I am usually very tired for a day or so afterwards. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old 09-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: Simple partial seizures/temporal

My first thought was, are you on any new medication? Hormones always seem to trigger a seizure for me. Do you have hypoglycemia? I have to watch my blood glucose levels in the a.m. Were you exposed to any chemicals such as paint, glues, or anything toxic? I'm sorry I can't help but hope you find help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
(female)

triggr1023 HB User
Re: Simple partial seizures/temporal

I was diaginosised complex partial seizures back in 2000. But my seizures first started back in 1997 after I gave birth to our second child. I went through three neurologist before I got the exact name of my seizures and reason why they thought they where happening. Hormone in balance. Complex Partial Seizures I Lip Smacking, and blackout like yourself my eyes will sometimes get glazed over, when I come back I am very tired. I never know when I'm going to have one. I have had Temporal Lobe surgery and was surgery free for 10yrs until they changed my medicine to Keppra and they came back with a vengance. I am now off of Keppra and on Trileptal and vimpat and doing well. They did tell me that it's possible I go through menapause mine could go away. I now have migranes and that's
my aura. Everytime I get I migrane I usually will have a seizure. I take Topamax for my migranes which seem to help but would much rather not be on any meds and be seizure free. I will be prayiing for you and your husband that you both find some answers soon.

Closed Thread