It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

Sammy622 HB User
Possible Seizure???

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and I have a problem that I need some help with. Currently I am experiencing a weird episode that lasts for 1 1/2-2 minutes. My symptoms are as follows:

Strong, Intense sense of Deja Vu
Dizziness
Feeling like I'm in a tunnel or vacuum
Unsteadiness
Amnesia
Weird feeling in my head and body that strangely starts and moves from left to right.
After these episodes, my memory is shot for a few hours.

Thank you in advance for all your help and advice.

Sammy622

Last edited by Sammy622; 12-05-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Possible Seizure???

Some of these signs are signs of seizure disorder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
(female)

Sammy622 HB User

Thank you for your help. My psychiatrist thinks they are either TIA's or seizures and she upped my dose of Lamictal.
I see my neurologist next month so I'll have to see. Haven't had a seizure in almost 2 weeks but the feeling is always their.
Thanks again.
Sammy

Old 12-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

What is TIA? Do you have to wait a full month before you see a neurologist?

Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

Hi Sammy,
I am sorry that i can't help. I have had a stroke and seizures, so all of those things could be possible. but you will be fine, I just know it. I know that we hate those feelings and waiting for the doctor, but we are in their hands. I wish you well. Things will come out ok.
God Bless,
Tim

The following user gives a hug of support to Positive Cynic:
Sammy622 (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

a TIA is a "mini" stroke. You are confused about 5 or 10 minutes and come out of it.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
(female)

Sammy622 HB User

I have had TIA's in the past and these episodes don't sound like a TIA. I really don't know what they are but they have gotten worse since my rabbit died last month.
The first appointment to see the DR is in a month so I have to wait.
Thank you all for your responses, I really appreciate them.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
(female)

Sammy622 HB User
Smile Re: Possible Seizure???

I have had TIA's in the past and these episodes don't sound like a TIA. I really don't know what they are but they have gotten worse since my rabbit died last month.
The first appointment to see the DR is in a month so I have to wait.
Thank you all for your responses, I really appreciate them.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi Sammy,
How old are you? Do you know what a panic attack is? There are so many different things that can happen to your brain when you get so scared. So don't think the worst right away. You might be just upset about your rabbit. That is understandable. You will be ok. buddy. If you have a problem, you have friends here. But I think you are just upset about your little bunny. And that is ok in my book Grieve you a little while and go on. I know you are a beautiful person that has a lot more of life to living. Your life is beautiful!!!
God Bless you,
Tim

The following user gives a hug of support to Positive Cynic:
Sammy622 (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
(female)

Sammy622 HB User

I saw my neurologist yesterday and she said they might in fact be seizures. She has ordered an MRI, EEG, and a lot of blood work. I have my MRI and EEG on January 16th.
My psychiatrist has increased my dosage of Lamictal and that has helped tremendlously.

Thank you for your advice

The following user gives a hug of support to Sammy622:
Positive Cynic (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Let me know how it goes. All those tests are normal and not too bad. You will be fine. I am sorry you have to go through this.
God Bless,
Tim

Old 01-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
(female)

Sammy622 HB User

Thank you, Cynic

I am not worried about the tests or the results. I have, along with my Neurologist, already decided that I will probably be on Lamictal forever, which is wonderful!
Thank you for your help and kind words, Cynic.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
(female)

wannabeseizfree HB User

That sounds like a seizure. That's how mine started and they have only gotten worse. I would go to a neurologist asap.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #14
(female)

Sammy622 HB User

Well,

I had my tests this week, so far no word on what the results are, though I had my blood test yesterday so maybe the DR. doesn't know yet.

I had my EEg test on Monday. I had 3 tests during it. A strobe light test, hyperventilating test, and a sleep test. I felt Deja Vu strongly during the sleep test, which is usually when it happens.

My MRI was also on Monday. It was a standard test with and without contrast.

My blood test was yesterday. The Dr. ordered 6 vials of blood to be taken, 2 long vials and 4 standard size ones.

Thank you everyone for your advice, as soon as I hear any word, I will post it.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #15
(male)

Kezza66 HB User

Hey, sorry to hear you're having problems. It sounds like you're having a seizure or recovering from one. Go see a doctor. xx

Closed Thread