It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
(female)

Bisco HB User
Nocturnal Epilepsy & Memory Loss/Celiac Disease & Lupus

My partner of 25 years recently disclosed memory loss from early nocturnal epilepsy and being on Dilatin (spell?) for medication. We are currently in counseling for our relationship because I feel he is so rigid needing rules; timelines; driving he constantly micro-manages speed; parking, etc. He has never done counseling for the internal work which is frustrating to me. He has been athletic all his life and his body fails him...who wouldn't be angry! But as years go on his anger has become toxic to the point of being fired from a job he held for 18 years.
I am afraid our relationship is on a collision course!
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Old 01-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Re: Nocturnal Epilepsy & Memory Loss/Celiac Disease & Lupus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisco View Post
My partner of 25 years recently disclosed memory loss from early nocturnal epilepsy and being on Dilatin (spell?) for medication. We are currently in counseling for our relationship because I feel he is so rigid needing rules; timelines; driving he constantly micro-manages speed; parking, etc. He has never done counseling for the internal work which is frustrating to me. He has been athletic all his life and his body fails him...who wouldn't be angry! But as years go on his anger has become toxic to the point of being fired from a job he held for 18 years.
I am afraid our relationship is on a collision course!
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!
Bisco,
I am sorry for what your are going through with yourself and your husband. So I what to tell you real quick about me. I had major stroke and then grand mal seizures for the stroke. That doesn't matter, I just want you to know I understand what you are going through. In my own opinion, he should not be working. The stress of a job only combines the stress he already has. Me has to take medication for it. I know as being a man that I fought it all the way, but he needs epilepsy medicine. Please let him see a neurologist.

I know that men are hard core and what to do do it there own way. But unfortuneatly we need to see a doctor and it helps.

I have suspended to my wife and I do what she says and I am I better person for it. The problems you are feeling, is he has been introl the who life. Know he doesn't understand and hates that you have to make care of him. That is the struggle. Don't take his mean things to you at heart. He is hurting and cant' tell you, that he lost being the "man".
Men are babies. and when they can't take care of you---- They think worthless. That is when you have to come in and pick him up. I bet he has been really mean you. But right now it doesn't matter. Love him. I know he loves you in his own way but may not be able to say it.

God Bless you,
Tim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread