It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
(female)

tigeress77 HB User
maybe myoclonic not sure?

My Sz are changing at the moment. Have started getting nocturnal complex partials.

However, also i get what i can only describe as the effect of a defibrillator on you. You've probably seen it wher ethe whole body jerks.

What happens is that it goes from toe to head all in one as if your body has had a shock/jolt. ONLY ONCE through the whole body. like a wave.

Would you class it as a myoclonic - i havent a clue.

have had previous jerks of arms before.

Any ideas?

Michelle

Old 01-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Re: maybe myoclonic not sure?

Hi Michelle,
I really don't understand your questions. I have epilepsy. so we can start from there. There was a time in my life where I could have understood it perfectly. I hate to say it, but are you on any medication? Or seen an a neurologist?

This forum is great for support, but if you need more medical information, a doctor would be better, in my estimation.
God Bless,
Tim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
(female)

tigeress77 HB User

hi Tim

yes i have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. Diagnosed 2 years. Am on 2000mg Keppra daily and 400mg Lamotrigine daily.

just wondering whether to class it as myoclonic. am not sure

The following user gives a hug of support to tigeress77:
Positive Cynic (01-28-2012)
Old 01-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

Hi Michelle,
I am sorry that I don't know of your Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. I have found that there are very different kinds of elpilesly. Mine is grand cal grand (sp). I am also on Keppra 500 mg, and zonegrane 100 mg both twice a day.. When I first started my siezures I found myself in the hospital 3 different times in 2010. But the meds seem to help me. It seems like 2000mg of keppra is strong, because 500mg kicked my butt for 2 weeks before I got used to it. But I wish you well. I can't give you any advice, but can give you as much support as you need. If you need it.
God Bless you
Tim

Old 02-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
(female)

tarch HB User

Hi Michelle,
I have the same diagnosis as you do. I recently had shoulder surgery and was on pain medications. At night a few minutes after I would close my eyes I would start having limb jerks, every 4 minutes for a while. I was just wondering if you are taking any other meds? How long does that shock/jolt seizure last? It sound pretty scary.
Be well,
Traci

Closed Thread