It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

BAHAMAS HB User
House smells or moulds & seizures

I share a house with my elderly Mother who collects things.

Hi Does anyone know if any house smell especially when the house has been shut up all winter or moulds can either cause a seizure OR make seizures worse (I am someone who is sensitive to some strong smells).

Firstly I realize you are not here to smell the house – so all I can really expect is a general answer.

I should also add the house is carpeted with 4 large Persian rugs (10x15 ‘ ) which have not been shampooed for 25-30 years (that I know of).
I can say that whenever I clean the house carpets or sprinkle baking powder on them & then vaccum it up , the house does smell better for awhile (usually only a few months).

This smell also gets into my clothes & I have had a few people remarks about it.

Is there anything I can do to tell if the smell does effect my epilepsy OR it is some kind of mould smell which I am allergic to.

Wondering Craig

Old 02-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: House smells or moulds & seizures

I have allergies and seizure disorder, so hope I can help. My seizures are NOT effected by mold or anything I am allergic to and I am allergic to everything under the sun. I have NO carpet in my house because it raises such cain with my allergies. There is a lot of dirt in carpets and chemicals that can raise the dickens with one. I feel your problem in the condition in the house and not your seizure disorder. Now, the problem in the house may be frustrating you so much that it triggers a seizure; I do not know. Also a house that has been closed up and is in the condition that your house is in, is an invitation to a health problem. Hope this is of some help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread