It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
(male)

bobwatt67 HB User
Exclamation Long and short term memory loss. Seizures or medication?

Starting from March 2011 til recently I have suffered memory loss eight times. This has varied from a couple of weeks loss to years. It seems to take several weeks before it comes back and even then I don't know if I have regained my memory or if it has just been what I have been told by those around me. I don't seem to know if it is epilepsy, which I have had for twenty eight years, or the medication I am on, which at the moment is Epilim and Keppra.

Please help as it is getting very frustrating for me as I am finding it hard not to be able to live a normal life and am unable to work, having lost three jobs due to this.

Thanks
Bob.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Long and short term memory loss. Seizures or medication?

Look up side effects to both of those meds on the web and also make sure that you are not on too much medications and that your levels are correct. I was overdrugged by a dr. and could not remember a thing. Once the medication was lowered, my memory got a lot better. Antiseizure meds can definitely effect one's memory.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
(male)

bobwatt67 HB User
Re: Long and short term memory loss. Seizures or medication?

Thanks for that, any help is welcomed. I'll certainly take your advice and get back to you

Closed Thread

Tags
epilim, keppra, memory loss