It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

Blah49 HB UserBlah49 HB User
Husband had several seizures

Just information that I learned and might be helpful. Since February, my husband acted off and totally not himself. I would ask what was wrong and it was useless to ask bc he never stated why he was agitated. He is only 50 btw; I feel bad bc he was actually staring at me and I was scared for MYSELF as silly as that is! He has been having petit seizures since February and the stare was a seizure and I should have known this but didn't until he had a very bad one and was not responding with that scary stare. When the ambulance ppl arrived he was still not responding and all of the sudden he became hostile but only for a small amt of time. It was horrible to say the least; he was crying and didnt know who I was or who our daughter was. Halfway to the hospital, he finally recognized me and we went straight to ER; where they ran so many tests and kept him for 4 days. They determined by blood oxygen level that he was not taking in enough oxygen, so now we have to do sleep studies, etc. I just wanted to say, if anyone you know or love has this "stare", please get them to a doctor as soon as possible if they don't act quite right. It took him four days to recover. Thanks and God Bless!

Old 04-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User
Re: Husband had several seizures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah49 View Post
Just information that I learned and might be helpful. Since February, my husband acted off and totally not himself. I would ask what was wrong and it was useless to ask bc he never stated why he was agitated. He is only 50 btw; I feel bad bc he was actually staring at me and I was scared for MYSELF as silly as that is! He has been having petit seizures since February and the stare was a seizure and I should have known this but didn't until he had a very bad one and was not responding with that scary stare. When the ambulance ppl arrived he was still not responding and all of the sudden he became hostile but only for a small amt of time. It was horrible to say the least; he was crying and didnt know who I was or who our daughter was. Halfway to the hospital, he finally recognized me and we went straight to ER; where they ran so many tests and kept him for 4 days. They determined by blood oxygen level that he was not taking in enough oxygen, so now we have to do sleep studies, etc. I just wanted to say, if anyone you know or love has this "stare", please get them to a doctor as soon as possible if they don't act quite right. It took him four days to recover. Thanks and God Bless!
Blah49:

I know from personal experience that seizures can be frightening and everyone reacts differently when they are having them. I hope you are able to find some answers and hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread