It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
(male)

limeridge123 HB Userlimeridge123 HB User
Tegertal brain surgery

Hi there been awhile being on here. I have had epilepsy all my life. I went threw surgery in 91 thought all was going to go good. But not at all worse. My seizures are back to where they were. I have been on tegertal just about all my life and now paying for it. My bones are getting weak from them. They want to try me on something else but cant find any but one. I have been on all meds for epilepsy. Has anyone been in a problem like this. They even wanted me to got back in for the back part of the brain to come out but I said no.

I was on clobazam and tegertal the clobazam made things worse moods changed like you would not beleve. Thank god I'm off of thoose ones now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: Tegertal brain surgery

The doc I have now wanted to get me off Teg after being on it from the start (1981). This was the second attempt to get me off it, and thankfully it worked this time. That was a year or two ago. They put me on Lyrica when they pulled the Teg, and not long later it was Trileptal that was added... Trileptal did NOT work out for me.

I've been on 10 or 11 meds over the years for my seizures. As many as 4 at a time. Some failed out of the gate, others (like the Trileptal mentioned above) most a year or more to become problematic.

Wish there was an easy answer. A while back after constant failure in attempts to reduce my seizures I started researching a natural remedy, but it was never approved in my state, so I never had the chance to see if it would help or not.

Best of luck,

--Travis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
(male)

limeridge123 HB Userlimeridge123 HB User
Re: Tegertal brain surgery

Hi there yes thanks for your reply. Yes I have been on all the meds you can think of. There is a new one out that is very exspensive. I just hope all works out and I can get it. Like I said before the tegertal has caused so much problems with my bones etc.

Closed Thread