It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
(female)

mythreechildren HB User
seizure meds and stomach virus

I take 3 (100 mg/each) Lamictal each evening and 2 (500 mg/each) Keppra. I was diagnosed with simple and complex partial seizures last fall. I'm still not driving. I'm half way in to my 6 month wait time until I can drive again. I don't know if I will be able to take my meds tonight, I am so sick to my stomach with this virus. I managed to get my meds down this morning and I thought I was going to lose it. I haven't eaten or drunk anything all day. I take more meds in the evening than in the morning, so I feel pretty sure I won't be able to get it down. My neuro doesn't have an after hours help number. Will missing one dose cause me to have a seizure again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
(female)

myglamshihtzus HB User
Re: seizure meds and stomach virus

Hi, I am new to this forum and just wanted to say, I have been there. My daughter is 21 and takes Depakote and Trileptal. Recently her dosages were increased quite a bit, and then she got pheumonia. It was terrible. My daughter has many more disabilities than epilepsy, she is immobile as well. So, it was a nightmare. Anyways, she could not keep down the antibiotics as well so the Dr. prescribed her some anti-nausea medicine I think would be perfect for you. It is called ondansetron. It has helped her so much, that she now takes it when she has a cold and has to take simple cold medication to keep it down. Also, we have been through the vommiting of anti seizure drugs and we have a back up drug for her called Diastat. That stops those seizures right away. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
(female)

mythreechildren HB User
Re: seizure meds and stomach virus

Thanks for your input. I will have to check that out! My stomach virus is gone, but it was rough for a couple of days! Hopefully it won't trigger another seizure. Thanks again

Reply Reply