It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
(female)

antiquediva HB User
mini siezures off and on all day long it seems

Hello I am new here. Please excuse my typing as I am sort of scramblled right now. for the last few days I have bheen having what I thing are mini seizures that arelatinig fore up to ten and fifteen minutes and then a hour ot two in betwween then starting again.
I am on 200 mg topamax 2x a day and thhe neuro is trying to intor duce 300mg of nurtontin 3x a day. I also take 200 mg of plaquinil 2x a day 15mg of prednisone , methotrexate twice a week, for lupus, 60 mg of armour and 25mc levoxal for low thyroid, 75mg plavix because I have TIAs,
Last year at this time I had a bit of trouble with bread thoughs nothing like this thoufgh. Is there such a thing as seassonal for epilepsy? I tell you I am feeling drained after the last few days, one after the other is simply grueling. I am calling my neuro today and asking for a EEG.
Has anyone else every gad anytgugb line this and what did they finally do for you? if so. Yesturday I threw up after the last seizure, I had never had that happen beore. I just lay on the floor in the bathroom afterwoord too exhausted to move and my dog sat next tome andlooked so worried.
I am really glad to find this site so I can ask some questions. Thank you in adviance.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
(male)

SandyRay HB User
Re: mini siezures off and on all day long it seems

I had something similar to that. I think you need an MRI and EEG to find the underlying cause but in my case I had a cavernous malformation that unexpectedly bled because of over-exertion during hot weather and caused parkinson's like tremors that basically continued around the clock.

I don't know if you have the same thing so I won't go into details of my treatment but it sounds like you need immediate medical attention. I would consider this an emergency. My neurologist tried to downplay it and I got another doctor. Good luck to you.

Sandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply