It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

grama13 HB User
Unhappy 19 year old son died from seizure. Why?

I have many questions and cant find any answers.My boy died June 22nd the day after my birthday we all went out to eat dinner came home told my kids good night and when we woke up in the morning my son was in the bathroom wouldnt answer he was gone some time in the night.Im angry why did this happen?He hadnt had a seiure in about a year and a half.It was only his third one in his life.Please someone tell me did he have any pain? was he aware of anything?Did he suffer?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
(female)

jalynn07 HB User
Re: 19 year old son died from seizure. Why?

Most people don't die from seziures: I started having seziures when I was 6 and continued through out my teen years. Almost 2 years ago I went to a new dr for what I thought was anexity. My heart felt funny at times so I thought it was stress. He did a ekg just in case. It came back abnormal. I was sent to a heart DR where I found out I had a genetic heart condition known as long qt syndrome. Please for your family or other kids sake ask you dr for a ekg or look at your son's ekg's if he ever had any. These heart conditions is very rare and is commonly misdiagnosed as a seziure disorder. I am sorry about your loss.

Last edited by hb-mod; 07-22-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, or recommend Internet searches, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
(female)

heyloe HB Userheyloe HB Userheyloe HB User

Hello,

I am so very sorry to hear of your son's passing.
Although it has been over a year since his last seizure there is something called SUDEP which stands for Sudden Unexplained Deaths in Epilepsy Patients.
From the reading I have done it occurs mainly between ages 28-35 and is more common in males. A very major thing that doesn't fit is that he did not have many seizures...
I would like to post some websites but I'm not sure if they would be removed...now you know what to look for perhaps you can do a search and maybe it's something you may want to read more about?

Again, I am so sorry this has happened,

Heyloe

Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
(female)

grama13 HB User
Unhappy Re: 19 year old son died from seizure. Why?

Wow in the whole 200 and some only 2 people took the time to reply to my questions I guess I may be in the wrong forum. Im sorry I used to use this site for another dilemma I was in 4 years ago I found it very helpful thanks anyways

Old 07-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User

Please don't go. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine. My dh has seizures but thank God he hasn't had one in quite some time now. I can't say what caused your son's death, if it was really due to the seizures. I do know my mom's Aunt did have epilepsy since she was a little girl and she died in her 30s. Supposedly her heart gave out. I am not too sure. But to ease your concerns, I don't think he felt any pain. When dh has had seizures, after they were finished he would tell me he didn't know what happened and he doesn't remember anything. There's been times he's fallen and hit his head real hard but he doesn't remember nor feels the pain from it. Your son may have had a seizure and fell and hit his head with no visible evidence. Or his heart gave out. Just know he's looking over you and he's in peace. Again I am sorry.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
(male)

IvanNY HB User

Ma'm I've had Epilepsy for a greater part of my life and have had countless seizures.

I can assure you he felt no pain.
It's like a light switch, one moment you are functioning normally, next... nothing.

I'm sorry for your loss and I am saddened every time I hear of a loss due to a seizure.

My deepest sympathies.

All the best
Ivan

The following user gives a hug of support to IvanNY:
KXRAY (01-07-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #7
(female)

KXRAY HB User
Wink Re: 19 year old son died from seizure. Why?

Hi. I am terribly sorry for your loss. I want to tell you about the time I died. I had status epilepticus and had a cardiac arrest. I was in the airport one second and in "the waiting room" the next. At least that is what the chaplain said it was. The place I was at looked like an infinite room, no walls and one doorway to the hall. |I was given n image of what was down the hall: a bright welcoming light/prescence coming out of another doorway. I elt no sadness, grief, missed no one, felt joy and peace only. No worry, angst, etc. No 'earthly feelings.' Then I was 'rejected,' or felt rejected by the light, heaven. It was a horrible feeling to be put back in this broken body and not go into the light. I am no longer afraid of death or non existence.
Please know your son is in Heaven, in the light, and accepted. I am not religious, but spiritual and not a nut case!Hahahaha. I hope you can accept this as the truth because it IS. God Bless You, your loved ones and your son. My huby, Dad, and cousin Mickie from Dateline "Under the Desert Sky" are there with your son. I lost all 3 in under 2 years and 8 months. Guess what? My son, 14, and I are okay. You will be too, and will have your son as your guardian angel until you see his beautiful face again. Warmest of ALL Regards, Kxray(Karen)

The following user gives a hug of support to KXRAY:
IvanNY (01-20-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
(female)

starseed1 HB User

What a beautiful message, KXRAY. Many blessings to you, and to your son!

Last edited by starseed1; 09-27-2013 at 09:15 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to starseed1:
KXRAY (09-28-2013)
Old 09-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #9
(female)

KXRAY HB User
Lightbulb Re: 19 year old son died from seizure. Why?

Thank you, starseed, for the pleasant comments. But I just wrote the truth. I know of an 18 year old male patient who was having gran mal seizures that we couldn't stop, status epilepticus, seizure after seizure without stopping. After awhile, the brain succombs to too little oxygen and starts to shut down. The heart stops andthe patient does not recover from the seizure. The recovery period after the seizure is painful. During the seizure, the brain goes haywire and is not processing messages from the body, thus no pain, sensation, unconcious. No suffering, and when recovered, no memory of the seizure.
I hope this helps some. I'm sorry I was not even aware of this feed when the qjestion was posted. Some other patient told me this once, " 'WHY' is a 4 letter word! And it shouldn't be used! "

Last edited by Administrator; 09-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to KXRAY:
starseed1 (09-28-2013)
Old 09-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #10
(female)

KXRAY HB User

grama13, Please check out the latest comments. I hope you're doing better! Love, kxray

Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #11
(female)

starseed1 HB User

KXRAY,
Thanks for your reply. I was not too familiar with epilepsy until I read last night about a young woman who died from a seizure, and then I did a search and came upon this forum and your post. I am an energy healer and intuitive, and what you said about your near death experience really resounded with me. I wanted to tell you that you were not "rejected" by the Light, it just was not your time to leave. Part of the reason you came back here was to help comfort others by relaying your experience, and also to give you the broader view that life continues in Spirit. We are basically Spirits in physical bodies, and not the other way around. I am sure as you touched the Light so deeply, that you now carry that memory and that Light with you, and exude it to others, as that is part of your Divine purpose. I hope this information helps you to feel that what happened was all meant to be, and that there is no "rejection" from the Spiritual realms, only love, peace, and understanding. Your Soul chose to come back into form to continue your work It may not have been an easy choice, but the higher choice Again, I wish you well!

Old 09-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #12
(female)

KXRAY HB User

HIstarseed. I am also very intuitive, always have been. My 47th Grand Aunt was Joan of Arc. All the women on my mom's side including cousins are also. I have met many people like us since'98 especially. Thanks for being brav to try to help me. I'm there already though! LOL. I'm talk to you again soonO:-)
Warm regards,kxray:-B-)

Last edited by moderator2; 09-28-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Reply Reply