It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
(male)

jrrdkpr HB User
Complex partial seizure... ???

It lasts for about 30 seconds, I hear people talking, but I know its not what they are saying. Afterwards I cant even remember what people said, no matter how hard I try. My words are jumbled during the event, and I cant make out a complete sentence. My lips start smacking, and people tell me it looks like I have a lot of spit in my mouth. After its done it still takes me about a minute or two to come back to complete consciousness. Its been happening for years now, sometimes I will have 2-3 a day, sometimes its only 1, then sometimes I will go months where it doesn't happen at all.

What do I do? Where do I go? Is it a seizure? I know absolutely nothing about any of this, I've just given up hope that it will go away on its own. I live in Chandler Arizona, and just have no idea what to do next. Any suggestions would be of great help. Thanks!

Old 11-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: Complex partial seizure... ???

Sounds like a seizure. I don't know whats down by you, but get in to see either a neurologist or epileptologist. See what they suggest. The higher level epilepsy clinics (level 3 or level 4) are either in Tucson or Phoenix it seems when I did a quick search.

--Travis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
(male)

jrrdkpr HB User

Well I ended up having 4 of them yesterday. Decided I will actually do something about it. Gonna head to the ER at barrow neurological center. They said to see me they need a referral from a primary care physician, but told me going to the ER there be the quickest route. Does this sound like the right option?

Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #4
(female)

Dennerz HB User
Thumbs up Re: Complex partial seizure... ???

I myself have complex partial epilepsy and what your describing sounds pretty similar to my symptoms when I take a seizure.I talk jibberish lose my balance dribble uncontollably and tend to have a throbbing headache afterwards and my brain seems worn out and i sleep for a good few hours from tiredness.
I took my first seizure at the age of 8 and its changed in its symptoms over the years, my first seizures I went completely unconcious after being sick and complaining of headaches, I used to shout help me when i took them and after each seizure felt extremely unwell. If you haven't already you should get it checked.
Most embarassing thing I used to do was hum here comes the bride, one of which was in front of my newly engaged teacher at school who thought i was taking the mickey :L. Luckily thats stopped now, symptoms for this are quite variable and there are quite a few medications out there.

Hope you get it all sorted out

Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
(female)

Dennerz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrdkpr View Post
Well I ended up having 4 of them yesterday. Decided I will actually do something about it. Gonna head to the ER at barrow neurological center. They said to see me they need a referral from a primary care physician, but told me going to the ER there be the quickest route. Does this sound like the right option?
The quicker you get it sorted the better, sounds like the right thing to do to me once they find if it definetely is epilepsy they'll try to find the right medication and over timethe seizures should be controlled well. You just have to keep smiling and not let it get the best of you.Once its under control you can get on with everything and stop worrying

Last edited by Dennerz; 11-13-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #6
(female)

kushman HB User

yea it deffinatly sounds like a seizure. my husband has similar ones. just stay on top of it, go to your neurologist. an start trying medications. it may take a while to find the right one.

be well and best of luck

Reply Reply