It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

hourkey HB User
Anti-epileptic medication no longer working??

Hi all,

I'm new to this and am hoping there is someone on here who has similar experience to my own.
I have been taking Epilim 800mg and Tegretol 800mg for approx. 20 years now. Trouble is, they seem to have stopped working like they used to. I've increased the dose to 1000mg for each per day(one at a time after there was no effect changing one) and initially, I thought that this was working, but I am now waking up again at night due to feelings of oncoming seizures. During the day I am now experiencing muscle spasms in my right leg (had stopped with the increase initially also). The muscle spasms were a symptom years ago and the only time that I ever felt them in recent times was when I hadn't taken my medication on time.
Oh and I have had to wear a mouth guard now since January due to excessive damage to my teeth from night time grinding (without seizures). I have made holes in them after less than one months use!

Oh and what are the long term effects of these drugs?

Many thanks in advance!

Reply Reply