HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Epilepsy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/epilepsy/)
-   -   What is Happening!? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/epilepsy/929050-what-happening.html)

ScaredFriend 11-25-2012 07:07 PM

What is Happening!?

This thanksgiving a close family friend had something she called an "episode". Her head bobbed slightly like it was too heavy for her and her eyes looked really droopy. She had no control over her legs. Afterward she couldn't talk or walk for about 20 minutes. At first when she began talking it was like a person with down-syndrom and when it took a long time to get her legs to work properly again. It happened twice that day. She said its been happening for 2 years now and makes her head hurt. He mother is on drugs and hasn't got her medical attention. I'm so worried! What is going on? What can be done to help her?

Nicole K 02-08-2013 11:54 AM

Re: What is Happening!?

[QUOTE=ScaredFriend;5094571]This thanksgiving a close family friend had something she called an "episode". Her head bobbed slightly like it was too heavy for her and her eyes looked really droopy. She had no control over her legs. Afterward she couldn't talk or walk for about 20 minutes. At first when she began talking it was like a person with down-syndrom and when it took a long time to get her legs to work properly again. It happened twice that day. She said its been happening for 2 years now and makes her head hurt. He mother is on drugs and hasn't got her medical attention. I'm so worried! What is going on? What can be done to help her?[/QUOTE]

It sounds like it could be a Complex Partial seizure. Please be a good friend make sure she sees a Dr.
Tell her to keep a seizure journal...this is the best way to remember when the seizures occur and write as much detail as you can about the seizures/episodes.
This is the only way she will get a proper diagnosis and be treated accordingly.

Khalila8 02-24-2013 11:33 PM

Hey guys I hope someone could help me out or give me an answer. It all started when I was 22 years old. I use to be a normal guy in his early twenties drinking and having fun, then one day I woke up and started having these weird muscle jerks throughout my whole body. If I was holding something it would go flying out of my hand. It seemed like whenever I would try and make an attempt to move my brain felt like it would misfire and I would have these body jerks, my hands would not be able to hold or do anything. When these would happen I would have to eat something and just lay down until they went away. It seems like they happen after a night of drinking. I am so scared of drinking now because I don't want to have these jerks the next morning. Even if I don't drink I still have these jerks whenever I'm stressed out or if I didn't get enough sleep the night before. I'm so depressed because of this and I am so sad. I want my life back and my mornings back. I went to the doctor and he just said its from stress which I think is not the only reason why I have these jerks. I have been through alot so far in my life but it can't be just from stress. Please help me.

Nicole K 02-25-2013 07:54 AM

[QUOTE=Khalila8;5137844]Hey guys I hope someone could help me out or give me an answer. It all started when I was 22 years old. I use to be a normal guy in his early twenties drinking and having fun, then one day I woke up and started having these weird muscle jerks throughout my whole body. If I was holding something it would go flying out of my hand. It seemed like whenever I would try and make an attempt to move my brain felt like it would misfire and I would have these body jerks, my hands would not be able to hold or do anything. When these would happen I would have to eat something and just lay down until they went away. It seems like they happen after a night of drinking. I am so scared of drinking now because I don't want to have these jerks the next morning. Even if I don't drink I still have these jerks whenever I'm stressed out or if I didn't get enough sleep the night before. I'm so depressed because of this and I am so sad. I want my life back and my mornings back. I went to the doctor and he just said its from stress which I think is not the only reason why I have these jerks. I have been through alot so far in my life but it can't be just from stress. Please help me.[/QUOTE]

Just monitor it. Go back to the Dr. or see another Dr. for a second opinion if it continues.

Based on my own experiences and all of the research and reading I have done on epilepsy, it does not sound like a seizure to me. But that is just my opinion.

Hope you get some answers...good luck.