It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

sarahxx12 HB User
Do I have some sort of epilepsy?

Basically I had some sort of seizure in my sleep 6 months ago and I was aware of everything. I saw like flashing pictures in my mind and then I began think it was an earth quake.It hasn't happened since but recently I have been having mini seizures in my eyes for like 20 seconds. I can even bring them on by looking up

I dont know how this came about, I have fallen off horses before and once had a bad headache afterwoulds which I never saw a doctor for, but I cant remember whether that was close to the time the seizure happened.

I also have cerebral palsy but I've never noticed this happen before. can the fact that I already have slight brain damage make more brain damage likely? I am 20 years old.

I do drive but not very often as my dad has the car. Im obviously worried now and will have to go to the doctor so they can tell me what it is and whether or not to drive and tell my parents.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User
Re: Do I have some sort of epilepsy?

Your best bet would be to see a Neurologist who would most likely take an extensive history and perhaps give you a head ct and maybe a MRI. I informed my doctor about past injuries to my 'noggin' including those including one that involved losing consciousness, and he told me that if it happened more than two years ago, it didn't matter! ? HUH?
As for nocturnal seizures go, when I have them, I am not aware that they are happening and can't control my actions. Most times they last about 30 seconds, according to my husband, when I start mumbling and tugging and my jammies and sheets.
Other times, when the seizures move onto complex seizures, they last longer and I've gone so far as to leave the house and head to the lake (330 ft. from out house) and have no clue what I'm doing. So we had to put an alarm on the back door to warn him that I've left the house.

There are varying degrees of severity. But I still suggest you see a neuro. and tell him/her EVERYTHING you have/are experiencing to set your mind at ease, so to speak!
Best wishes...keep us informed.

Last edited by dogmom; 12-10-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply