It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
(female)

krml HB User
Could low dose of Keppra over 8 years still cause KEPPRAGE?

have been on keppra for 8 years. Initially it was 2x a day/500 mg per dose. Over the last three years it is simpley one 500 mg pill a day. I have been seizure free for 24 years - only had epilepsy due to brain surgery. I am just so fearful to be on nothing b/c of driving, caring for kids, etc.

However I read with interest on the boards people feeling just distant/emotionless/cold and honestly that is me described completely. I am so hopeful that leaving Keppra behind will bring me back to normal but worried that my dose is so low that Keppra IS NOT responsible for my moods, etc.

Could a low dose still cause my anxiety/cold/emotionless feelings or is this just more common in the higher doseages? thanks for the feedback

Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #2
(male)

hellkat2 HB User
Re: Could low dose of Keppra over 8 years still cause KEPPRAGE?

Have you thought of the extended release keppra? It isn't available in Canada but I think it is in the USA.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply