It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
(male)

DLSteve67 HB User
I have seizures, what next?

It looks like I have seizures. Monday I will make an appointment with the doctor. I`ve been to the doctor before about it, when I have blacked out by myself. I`ve lost my drivers license for 6 months and been through a battery of tests. The result was negative. Doctors thought it was simple fainting caused by the vega nerve. However these `blackouts` have happened more often going from once every five years to three times this year. Also my wife have witnessed an attack and her description sounds like a seizure.

If I do have seizures, what will happen in the future? Drugs, permanent loss of drivers licence, cancelation of life insurance? Any info would be great.

Thanks, Steve

Last edited by DLSteve67; 12-08-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
(female)

evelyniona HB User
Re: I have seizures, what next?

Hi Steve, im new to this board but i have epilesy and i have been on medications that control them very well. i live my life as if i dont have it. i have to take 2 tablets in the am and 2 in the pm. and i have not had a seziure in 7 plus years. but as soon as you can get on medication and the doctor feels tay are being controled he or she will give you a slip of paper to take to the dmv. best of luck....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply