It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
(male)

limeridge1234 HB User
Vimpat

I have been taking Vimpat for a good 6 months if not more. My seizures are just up and down. I have had brain surgery in 1991 thought all was going well not at all. I have been on all mess as of now you can think of. I have nothing left to try just suffer with what it has done for me. They want me to go back in again and take the other part of my le temper lobe out. Not going to happen at all. What do you think of your life how it is now when you thought all was going to get better. I am happy I do have a girlfriend that understands me to the fullest. I just think sometimes why does she stay with me at all because of what I have, she has bipolar and does not bother me at all. She can work and she does a lot for church. It gets to me a lot that she can work and I can't. But to her she don't care about that at all. Please tell me what I should do thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
(female)

Eilidh1 HB User
Re: Vimpat

Hey, I just saw your post here. I don't know about surgery as this has never been an option for me. I too am in a relationship and he is the main breadwinner, as I can only find a part time, temporary job. As I always did well at school, always believed I would have a successful career allowing me to be independent this is something of a disappointment. In fact it's a big disappointment, and I sometimes get down about being dependent on my husband, it can make me feel like I'm not contributing enough. But I know (and importantly my husband knows) that there are more ways to contribute to a relationship and our everyday life than financially, and as long as I'm trying and doing what I can, that's enough. I know it doesn't bother him because he loves me and he understands that I do try. I think if I was making no effort it would bother him. You wrote that she doesn't care about you not working, so to me it sounds like she understands. If I were you I would just make sure I was doing all I could to contribute to the relationship and perhaps even try something like volunteering if you can. When I've not been able to work it always took away those horrible worthless feelings. Good luck. x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply