It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

BAHAMAS HB User
Question Arginine AKG Nitric Oxide Enhancer - coconut oil - gluten free diet - & Epilepsy

Hi I have been trying and looking at SO many different alternatives for treating epilepsy in general for over 20 years now and have tried out quite a few different ones and so far I havenít had any real success.

There have been 2 possibilities that I have been trying recently of those are coconut oil and Gluten free products.

The main reason that I tried coconut oil I had heard that is good for so many things one of them supposedly helping you lose weight but with me it has done the opposite and added on 20 pounds to me. (I have been doing a little more exercise than I was).

I have been taking coconut oil (3 tablespoons per day) for about 3 months now but at the same time I have been on a gluten free diet. So now I have decided to stop taking the coconut oil for a few weeks so months to see if the gluten free diet makes any difference to my seizure threshold.

Later on I will stop the gluten free diet and begin taking the coconut oil again and during this time I will watch closely to see which one of the 2 works the best.

I was talking to somebody in another town and they mentioned the possibility that this supplement my help so I was wondering if anyone out there had heard anything about it and is a good for treating epilepsy . It is Arginine AKG Nitric Oxide Enhancer

If any one knows which one might be of the most help to me or are you know anything at all about any of them or anything else PLEASE let me know.

Thanks Craig

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User
Re: Arginine AKG Nitric Oxide Enhancer - coconut oil - gluten free diet - & Epile

I haven't heard anything about coconut oil and/or a gluten-free diet being helpful for epilepsy.

One supplement that I take that I learned CAN be beneficial is an OMEGA 3 supplement with a HIGH DHA content for brain function. It is better to buy a higher quality brand as opposed to a cheaper no-name brand, so I'm told.

I also found out through one epilepsy conference that I went to a couple of yrs ago, that Magnesium MAY be beneficial.

I take both daily along with all of my other vitamins and a healthy diet.
I have found that the Omega seems to help with my memory.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Reply Reply

« Vimpat | Question »