It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 AM   #1
(female)

TimeToLiveLife HB User
Question Change in seizures? Need help!

Last night, I started having all my indications that I was about to have a seizure.. started getting dizzy and nauseated.. "knowing" that one was coming. However, instead of my usual (simple partial) slurred speech and staggering, I started having this strange sensation. It felt like there was an earthquake but I was very aware that it was coming from me and not from the world around me. I didn't lose consciousness. I'm pretty sure that it didn't cause a lot of movement on the outside of my body. It only lasted a few seconds. It was not a pleasant feeling and it happened three times within a span of a half hour. Has anyone had a seizure like this before? Or know what this may be? I'm a little freaked out.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User
Re: Change in seizures? Need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToLiveLife View Post
Last night, I started having all my indications that I was about to have a seizure.. started getting dizzy and nauseated.. "knowing" that one was coming. However, instead of my usual (simple partial) slurred speech and staggering, I started having this strange sensation. It felt like there was an earthquake but I was very aware that it was coming from me and not from the world around me. I didn't lose consciousness. I'm pretty sure that it didn't cause a lot of movement on the outside of my body. It only lasted a few seconds. It was not a pleasant feeling and it happened three times within a span of a half hour. Has anyone had a seizure like this before? Or know what this may be? I'm a little freaked out.
Were you completely aware of your surroundings during this "new" type of seizure? If so, it may have still been a simple partial, but stemming from another part of the brain. I have had many different types of simple partial seizures myself.
Otherwise, it could have been a complex partial seizure if there was some lose of awareness, confusion, etc.

If you do an internet search on "complex partial seizure" you can get a bit more information and maybe determine what type of seizure you had.

Also, maybe discuss this with your Dr./Neuro.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply