It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
(female)

CoffyDrinker711 HB User
Nocturnal seizures or what in an adult?

Hi-

As a 50+ year-old with partial seizures I am mostly controlled with 250mg depakote. But for the past several months I've been having night time episodes that have actually put me in the local ED- without any real insight as to what is going on.

Whatever is going on is getting worse, that's all I know. I'm negative for stroke or brain tumor, and have never been worked up for MS or anything- I'm sure I don't have anything like that..

Last night I had three seizures in a row after I had just fallen to sleep. The first one is this weird shaking (now I'm sleeping so I don't know exactly what is going on) that usually involves my eyes and hands, then a bit later my leg gave a clonic jerk, and the third one was this flood of "sensation" (I'm sure many of you know what I mean). After the third seizure I was able to sleep.

Does anyone else have nocturnal seizures? Any ideas what could be happening? My doctors are not helping. I'm having cardiac symptoms with the aforementioned problems as well.

Cheers and Blessings
Coffy

Reply Reply