It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
Inactive

rnmcd HB User
How does Chronic Fatigue differ from Epstein Barr Virus and mononucleosis?

Is fatigue a symptom of all of those ailments?

Are there any definitive tests to diagnose any of them?

thanks.

Old 03-01-2004, 12:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Dear Maggie HB User
How does Chronic Fatigue differ from ... ?

This is what the Center for Disease Control says about the latter 2:
[url]http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.htm[/url] If these were to last longer than 6 months then check other causes of fatigue. CFS is only a singular symptom, fatigue only, no other symptoms

Chronic Fatigue can also be an aspect of 'gulf war syndrome' symptoms, so obviously, multiple symptoms are present. Most any of the anemias could cause fatigue, wouldn't you think? An often undiagnosed 'chronic fatigue' is fragility of the red blood cells (low functioning) & it doesn't show up for awhile in the blood counts, but a 'retic' ratio might give an indication.

What is your situation? What employment do you have? Do you recall when your symptoms started & whether anything was happening differently than before that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2004, 03:48 AM   #3
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: How does Chronic Fatigue differ from ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Maggie
[url]http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.htm[/url] If these were to last longer than 6 months then check other causes of fatigue. CFS is only a singular symptom, fatigue only, no other symptoms
CFS is only a singular symptom of fatigue??? I have had CFS for 11 years and this kind of information is precisely the problem with getting more funding for research and attention to this devastating illness; that is, that the name implies that it is only fatigue. CFS effects every bodily system and unlike mono, which has a course, can last a lifetime. Thankfully, the CFIDS Foundation is working to change the name of this illness! Unfortunately, most doctors know very little about CFIDS, so the information that comes forth is usually incorrect.

Last edited by peregrine; 03-01-2004 at 07:12 AM.

Old 03-06-2004, 03:44 PM   #4
Inactive

rnmcd HB User
Re: How does Chronic Fatigue differ from ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Maggie

Chronic Fatigue can also be an aspect of 'gulf war syndrome' symptoms, so obviously, multiple symptoms are present. Most any of the anemias could cause fatigue, wouldn't you think? An often undiagnosed 'chronic fatigue' is fragility of the red blood cells (low functioning) & it doesn't show up for awhile in the blood counts, but a 'retic' ratio might give an indication.

What is your situation? What employment do you have? Do you recall when your symptoms started & whether anything was happening differently than before that?
I work a very sedentary job.

My symtoms have increase over the last 2 years and I'm at the point that I am tired minutes after waking up.

Two weeks ago I had a tilt table test that I feel was taken too far. The agent that they used to increase heart rate during the test has caused me to still have chest pain/tightness and my exhaustion is considerably worse.

This is how I think a person would feel if they had weak adrenals.

I don't think the problem is depression.

Closed Thread