It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 07:43 PM   #1

Orphaned Moon HB User
Lyse disease/Epstein Barr virus...Help plz!

Greetings!

I am an 21 years old boy from Greece whos infected by Chronic Epstein Barr Virus!
Many people have told me that i might be into lyse disease cause many symptomps(such as fatigue,hair loss etc)are similar.
What should i do?What tests should i do?I have heard that some of them are unreliable.

Old 06-23-2004, 10:21 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

subway13 HB User
Re: Lyse disease/Epstein Barr virus...Help plz!

I also have the epstien barr virus, I think it's the same as mononeucleosis, I'm not sure how Lyme disease is related but mono isn't too serious. There is lots of information out there if you want to research. Sorry I guess I'm not much help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2004, 11:31 AM   #3
Inactive

Komondor HB User

Hi Orphaned Moon,
The many people that have mentioned Lyme to you are correct. EBV is a common misdiagnosis. You need to see an LLMD and have your blood tested by Igenex Lab in Palo Alto, California.

Where do you live?

Old 06-25-2004, 06:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Orphaned Moon, you are right that no Lyme test is completely reliable. It is important to see a knowledgable doctor and use a reputable Lyme lab for testing such as IgeneX in the United States.

Lyme disease is in Europe. Are you currently living in Greece?

Old 06-26-2004, 04:34 PM   #5

Orphaned Moon HB User

LLMD?
I Live In Greece-Athens but it is 2 difficult for me to travel in California!I may feel very sick but i am not sure if i am into Lyse Disease!I shall make a test here(unreliable though)& if doesnt show anything i really dont know what to do next!Unfortunately i dont have the money to travel there...if i was sure i am into this disease i would be able to find the money!
Peole into Chronic Epstein Barr tell me that there is no cure and i have to learn live with it when other people tell me that i might have lyse disease!
By the way i have all these symptoms for almost 5 years(5 hellish years indeed)and i am totally despaired:/

Old 06-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Orphaned Moon, I am very sorry you have been sick for so long. I know it is frustrating. But do not give up. You are not alone. I did not mean for you to travel to California. Perhaps your doctor would be willing to send your blood to IgeneX lab for testing?

Would you like me to try and find out what lab is good for Lyme testing in Europe? The only Lyme doctor I know of in Europe is in Germany, but that does not mean there is none in Greece.

Do not give up okay?

Old 06-29-2004, 05:15 AM   #7

Orphaned Moon HB User

Thanx Ticker
I would really appreciate that.
I wont give up the fight...but u know 5 years!!!

Old 06-30-2004, 02:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Orphaned Moon, it is terrible to be sick for so long, I know. You are on your way to getting answers!

I am trying to get any information I can for you. I will post as soon as I find out anything. Stay strong!

Closed Thread