It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 09:59 AM   #1
(female)

Lyn in Michigan HB User
Does anyone else have mitral valve prolaspse, fibro cystic breasts and Epstein Barr

Hi to all, I have not yet been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, (my neurosurgeon says I have it and my family doc and pain doc say I have myofascial pain). When I look up symptons besides neck pain, shoulder pain, facial pain, head pain and headaches which I have had for 5 years everyday I saw in someones diagnostic charts that people with mitral valve prolapse and fibro cystic breasts are prone also to fibromyalgia. I also have Epstein Barr Virus and CMV which is a liver problem that stays dormant in your system and you have flare ups every once in a while. I have flare up 3 to 4 times a year which is a sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and sinus problems. Does anyone else that has been diagnosed with fibro have any of these health issues to go along with it.
I have no idea like many of you what it would be like to feel normal!!!!
Thanks for listening.
Lyn in Michigan
I have had surgery on my cervical spine (fused C5/6/7 with titanium pins and plates and donor bone.) It is a lot to go through to be told, sorry your operation didn't help take your pain away, you probably have fibromyalgia!!!! great!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luv2read HB User
Re: Does anyone else have mitral valve prolaspse, fibro cystic breasts and Epstein Barr

I got the fibro cystic breasts a few years ago for the first time. It was from a new birth control pill I started. I even went up a few bra sizes!! Hurt like the dickens!! Felt like it did when I was breast feeding and the milk gets clogged up! Needless to say, I don't take any BC pills anymore.

I will also get it if I drink too much caffeine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 10:56 AM   #3
(female)

countrygal HB User
Re: Does anyone else have mitral valve prolaspse, fibro cystic breasts and Epstein Barr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn in Michigan
Hi to all, I have not yet been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, (my neurosurgeon says I have it and my family doc and pain doc say I have myofascial pain). When I look up symptons besides neck pain, shoulder pain, facial pain, head pain and headaches which I have had for 5 years everyday I saw in someones diagnostic charts that people with mitral valve prolapse and fibro cystic breasts are prone also to fibromyalgia. I also have Epstein Barr Virus and CMV which is a liver problem that stays dormant in your system and you have flare ups every once in a while. I have flare up 3 to 4 times a year which is a sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and sinus problems. Does anyone else that has been diagnosed with fibro have any of these health issues to go along with it.
Thanks for listening.
Lyn in Michigan
I have had surgery on my cervical spine (fused C5/6/7 with titanium pins and plates and donor bone.) It is a lot to go through to be told, sorry your operation didn't help take your pain away, you probably have fibromyalgia!!!! great!!!!!
........ Hello Lyn, i too have fibro cystic breast , a mild mitro valve prolapse, And a whole lot of other problems. I was dxd in July with FMS & AS after over 5 years of testing and doctor visits. Have you been to a rhuematologist yet? They can do even more test to see what they come up with. Good luck And let us know what you find out.

Old 03-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

add me to the list, ladies. i have fibro cystic breasts and now it is thru my entire body. started when i was 29. i am 49 now. caffeine and nuts cause black fluid to come out of my nipples. i also have fms and cmp and a few other goodies to round it all out. almost had both breasts removed at 30. decided to keep them and face cancer if and when it came. so far not a nasty cell in there. doctors 20 years ago were lopping off breasts (like crazy) with fibro cystic claiming they would lead to cancer.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 03-19-2005, 12:24 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

Hey y'all, what exactly is mitral valve prolapse?

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Old 03-22-2005, 03:13 PM   #6
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User

Count me in ... fibro cystic breast disease, too. I was diagnosed many years ago - after I had my first child (she's 16). It's been off and on... but lately has been on... I've been drinking alot of coffee at work, so I know that's the culprit. I wonder if there's a connection between FMS and FBD?
God bless, Jen

Old 03-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferEvelynn
Count me in ... fibro cystic breast disease, too. I was diagnosed many years ago - after I had my first child (she's 16). It's been off and on... but lately has been on... I've been drinking alot of coffee at work, so I know that's the culprit. I wonder if there's a connection between FMS and FBD?
God bless, Jen
same here ladies, fibro plus cystic breast disease.

Old 03-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi, I have mitral reguratation, I think one is the blood going in and the other blood going out, not sure about this though. I wa born with a heart murmur and was told the reguratation is the cause of the murmur. Do not know if I have breast dd but sure get breast pain. I have to check with my Dr. about that.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 03-22-2005, 09:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Quote:
Thanks for listening.
Lyn in Michigan

Lynn,

May I ask who did your test on EBV? And what lead them to do the test? I show all of the EBV symptoms, but can't get anyone to run the tests. Where should I go and who should I see? Any recommendations?

thanks,
tk

Old 03-23-2005, 06:13 AM   #10
(female)

Lyn in Michigan HB User

Lynn
I had been experiencing neck/shoulder and headache pain for years. I went to every medical doctor for years and they said stress etc. etc. and only wanted to put me on antidepressants and never took me serious. I have had cervical spine fusion and they still don't take me serious. Anyways after a long story and a lot of years I was recommended to go to a homeopathic doctor and he puts his hands on the outside of parts of your body and says he can tell what you have that way. I forget the name of it but he is very well known and knows what he is talking about.
The first day I went to see him, he said, "I bet you have Epstein Barr Virus". He told me to go back to my medical doctor and ask them to run a liver panel test. Sure enough he was right, it came back that I had a double liver infection which was Epstein Barr Virus and CMV!!!! His nurse told me that he never missing diagnosing that. He gave me supplements that I was on for almost a year, he switched to several different liver supplements but it never did anything for me!!! Frustrating as usual. They say that Epstein Barr is a form of mono. that can lay dormant in your system (viral infection) and affect you quite often if your resistance is low. I have a sore throat and swollen glands several times a year that lasts sometimes for 3 to 4 "Months". My tongue always had a white coating on it and I always feel yuuchy (sp) from it. I think it also makes you feel like you have no energy at all like chronic fatigue syndrome goes hand in hand. They say you can get it when you are a teenager and have it for the rest of your life. It is just a matter of degree.
I don't think they can do anything for it. At least if they can, they haven't told me. If you get diagnosed and they put you on something for it, please let me know as I would be very interest to hear your story.
Thanks
Lyn in Michigan

Old 03-23-2005, 08:21 AM   #11
(female)

Fibro Fuzzy HB User
Re: Does anyone else have mitral valve prolaspse, fibro cystic breasts and Epstein Ba

Hi...another one with fibro cystic breast disease. Major Ouch!!
~~~Cathy

Old 03-24-2005, 06:15 PM   #12

kbak HB User

Lyn,
I use to have bad fibro cystic breasts, but totally went off all caffine and that completely took care of that problem. I do have CMV. I don't have MVP but have pre atrial contractions. It's not serious, just annoying.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:32 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

Quote:
Lynn
Sure enough he was right, it came back that I had a double liver infection which was Epstein Barr Virus and CMV!!!! His nurse told me that he never missing diagnosing that. He gave me supplements that I was on for almost a year, he switched to several different liver supplements but it never did anything for me!!! Frustrating as usual. They say that Epstein Barr is a form of mono. that can lay dormant in your system (viral infection) and affect you quite often if your resistance is low. I have a sore throat and swollen glands several times a year that lasts sometimes for 3 to 4 "Months". My tongue always had a white coating on it and I always feel yuuchy (sp) from it. I think it also makes you feel like you have no energy at all like chronic fatigue syndrome goes hand in hand. They say you can get it when you are a teenager and have it for the rest of your life. It is just a matter of degree.
I don't think they can do anything for it. At least if they can, they haven't told me. If you get diagnosed and they put you on something for it, please let me know as I would be very interest to hear your story.
Thanks
Lyn in Michigan
Hello Lynn
I was also diagnoses with the Epstein Barr Virus in 2002. My blood test result for the EBV (IGM) was at 4.55 and my doctor had explained to me that was very high. She had also diagnosed me with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and had started me on B-12 injection's once a month. The injection's had never helped any, as I would always go home afterwards and go to sleep. My primary doctor at that time had only told me to get plenty of rest and did not offer any other treatment. Your post has caught my eye because I also have the white film on my tongue and have had it for several months. My doctor's has diagnosed it as thrush. I have tried many different prescriptions but it still remains. Sometimes my tongue actually bleeds, and I also can feel the burning pain in my throat as well. I had never heard of CMV until I read your post and then researched it a bit. I am wondering if I may also have that too. I have started with yet a new primary doctor about a month ago and I do have an appointment next week for a physical as he wants to do a blood work-up on me. I have been very fatigued for the last 5 months and spend most of my day sleeping. I had thought that perhaps it could be my fibromyalgia, which I was in denial with this diagnosis for such a long time. But I am also wondering that maybe their is the possibility that the EBV might not be dormant at this time and it could me playing a role in my excessive sleepiness.
Jeanne

Instrumentation = 2 Rods, 6 Screws, 2 Disc Spacers
FBSS-Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
~CERVICAL~
Straightening of the Normal Cervical Lordosis.
Mild Congenital Narrowing of the Spinal Canal.
C4-5, C5-6, C6-7 Herniated Discs
C4-5 & C5-6 , Cord Flattening at these levels.

Bilateral Chronic L4 versus L5 Radiculopathy
Bilateral Frozen Shoulder - MUA 2/7/05
Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Bursitis, Tendonitis,
Tendonosis, Pre-Diabetic, Anemia, Asthma,
Acid Reflux, Migraine's, Sleep Apnea
PolyNeuropathy

Old 03-30-2005, 07:51 AM   #14

kbak HB User

Tomarrow,
I was dx as CFS/fibro because I also have the fibro tender points. The white coated tongue can also be candida. My fibro doc said that it was a classic sign of candida. This just goes back to what I posted on other topics. People with fibro/cfs have underlying problems such as epstein-barr, CMV, low thyroid, micoplasma, ect. ect. ect. That's why it's such a nightmare to treat. There is actually a great drug that really corrects the fatigue. It's Provigil. The insurance doesn't pay for it tho, and it's very expensive, like $240 for 30. But, i have found it on the internet for wayyyyy less. My doc gave me a sample, and I have tried it. I used just one quater tablet, and I was so amazed how much more awake and energetic I felt. My doc recommended just starting with one quarter tablet, then go up to half tablet as needed. Heck, you could actually make a 30 day supply last months if you didn't need a whole tablet per day. So the cost really comes down that way. Most reg. docs poo poo that epstein-barr could be causing any problems like your having. My fibro doc said ABSOLUTELY that epstein-barr can cause multiple problems. It's a real struggle for all of us. I really wish you well on your quest to get well!!

Old 03-30-2005, 08:10 AM   #15
(female)

Lyn in Michigan HB User

Jeanne

Thanks for sending me your post back. I have outbreaks of my EBV constantly and am very fed up. I have not been diagnosed officially by a rheumotolgist yet but have been told for sure I have chronic myofascial pain. I am sure that you read in my posts that I had an Anterior discectomy and fusion with donor bone and pins and plates but it didn't take the pain away. I had a whiplash car accident 6 weeks after surgery (not my fault) which hasn't helped at all. I am sure I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome also because I have no energy at all and am getting worse. I have also tried everything for a yeast infection (thrush or candida) and nothing has worked. There is some stuff on line that I might try even though it is very expensive. I will try it and if it doesn't do anything I will just put it with all my other bottles of expensive pills that have done nothing. Sorry I sound negative but that is the way I am feeling.
I hope you are feeling better. If you talk to your new doctor and get any hints for me about the Epstein Barr, I would appreciate it if you would let me know.
I have Epstein Barr but I have Insomnia!!! Which is kind of strange but that goes with the Fibro!!!
Talk to you again soon and take care
Lyn in Michigan

Closed Thread